Rogue/freak Waves

hustler57

Guest danielinbyron

hey there,

does any one know where i can find some good pics of rogue/freak waves from as im starting to collect pictures of them as i find them amazing and want to collect pictures of them and learn more about them, ??

the bbc has done allot of work around waves and quantum physics , they may have some DVDS etc.

post-1693-1161491504_thumb.jpg

Edited by danielinbyron

G`day Fellas ,

The Captain Turns to The Ist Mate and says " George , How Long Can You Hold Your Breath for Under Water Mate "???

Mick

The bridge is at the front of that ship not at the rear like many container vessels. I wounder what they are saying on the bridge????????

Cheers

G`day Fellas ,

Obviously designed for breaking through the rollers , and not going over the top I would think ! .

But I think the whole Crew , would have been sucking in a deep breath .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Guest danielinbyron

the pic is probably dr.ed.. the cargo looks a bit dry.

but the doco its from is based around a ship that size going down without a single survivor

and quantum physicians proving, the occurence of freak waves, that are enough to cause a pressure on the hull of 100 tonnes per meter, ships rated at 15tonnes per meter.

bit like the Brunswik heads bar..lol

g`day Fellas ,

I`m sure we will have some marine biologist on here tell us exactly what freak waves are , but I saw a doco sometime back with real footage of a wave 90feet high hitting one of those luxury Liners front on , and according to the Captain and crew it hardly caused a ripple except for a few alarming moments as the bow punched through the Wave halfway up it .

Scary stuff though , I reckon a 4 metre swell is bad enough , just fancy looking out and up to one that high!.

Just like scraping your Nails on the blackboard ...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk.

Mick