Furuno Fcv-620

Methodman

Hey guys, Im buying a FCV-620 this week and was wondering what you all think of them.

More in particular the feature of the GPS Plotter. Does this mean you can have half screen finder and the other half plotter? I will ask a few questions to the seller but i thought id get your thoughts before hand.

Thanks guys

I have just taken a look at this unit and the way that I understand it is that you require the Furuno GPS plotter as an aditional unit.

Furuno's TLL (Target Lat/Lon) output allows you to interface the FCV620 with your Furuno chart plotter so you can mark any spot you desire and save it as a waypoint, enabling you to return to it whenever you desire

I could be wrong but everything that I look at in regards to this unit leads me to believe this is the case.

Yeah Paul thats what i thought.

I was goin to buy a Navman Chart plotter along side the furuno but hopefully i can get the extension and do the same thing. Any idea of what the gps addaption is selling for $$$?

I think the gps chart plotters are around $600

I think that you would be able to get a better deal on an all in one unit.

What does everyone else think?

Guest Big-Banana

Ill never buy both in one unit, if one dies they both die. My next sounder is this very unit so Ill be very keen to see if anyone has some feedback on it.

Awesome unit I reckon. Have only had mine a out for a couple trips but am totally wrapped in the unit so far. But, having only ever used black and white units before, I might be easily impressed. Great colour, clear easy to see screen, easy to use menus, all the information you need. The only gripes I have with the unit is that while in sounder mode you cannot have the water temperature displayed as a number, only as a graph, and that the only time the backlight on the keys comes on is when it is set in night mode, which means the display is a very dim monochrome picture. Only minor things I know, and overall am one very happy camper.

Dave.

Guest Big-Banana

Awesome unit I reckon. Have only had mine a out for a couple trips but am totally wrapped in the unit so far. But, having only ever used black and white units before, I might be easily impressed. Great colour, clear easy to see screen, easy to use menus, all the information you need. The only gripes I have with the unit is that while in sounder mode you cannot have the water temperature displayed as a number, only as a graph, and that the only time the backlight on the keys comes on is when it is set in night mode, which means the display is a very dim monochrome picture. Only minor things I know, and overall am one very happy camper.

Dave.

What did you pay mate? I got quoted $2000 I think, but this was a while back. I might be a little off.

$2000 is way too much. Im getting it for $1350.

Im getting it tomora. One thing im interested in.. "The installation" Will it only allow you to install it on flat horizontal or can you install it verticaly? As is does the arm swivel so you can have it in any position. I have no room left on the top part of the dash so i was going to install it on the vertical part of the dash. Hope that made sense?