I Want A Jew

Battler

G'day

I've been reading the info on the site for a while now and it's great to see a fishing site with such knowlegable and friendly members!!!

I've just quit my job :yahoo: and was hoping to get into targeting a jew. Any tips or info on what type of bait, where to get it (buy or catch), rigs that are used, or locations would be greatly appreciated. All my fishing is landbased - and will be for a while now that I've joined the unemployed list (no better time than a monthn out from the Ashes to join that list!!!!!)

Cheers

Tim.

G'day

I've been reading the info on the site for a while now and it's great to see a fishing site with such knowlegable and friendly members!!!

I've just quit my job :yahoo: and was hoping to get into targeting a jew. Any tips or info on what type of bait, where to get it (buy or catch), rigs that are used, or locations would be greatly appreciated. All my fishing is landbased - and will be for a while now that I've joined the unemployed list (no better time than a monthn out from the Ashes to join that list!!!!!)

Cheers

Tim.

G'day Battler..A good place to start is in the index on the site, targeting Jewfish.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/articles/jewfish/

At least that will give you the nitty gritty on the best rig,location, baits etc.

I'm sure plenty of our resident Jewie experts will add some more but at least it's a

good place to begin.

I'm still to nail my first Jew, so I'm no help in that regard.

Congrats on quitting, ( I think). At least you will now have plenty of time to find that

elusive monster Jew.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

You have taken the first step tocatching a Jew - quitting your job. you are going to need plenty of hours. a good place to start is with Greg Joyes DVD (JEWFISH SECRETS). About 30 bucks but well worth it.

Cheers

Davo

If you are after jew in Brisbane.

Checkout the brisbane and logan river, heaps of them.

some tips:

-low tide

-early morning or evening/nighttime

-large soft plastics (squidgie, berkley minnows) with at least 50cm flurocarbon leader.

-light graphite rod.

heres a good stating point.