Wall To Wall Kingies In Middle Harbour!

namesay

Looks like it won't be long until Middle Harbour is a a car park..............................................with me sitting in the Disabled section!!!!!!!!!

Good work, Namesay, and very encouraging for the rest of us.

Russ.

Your typical days fishing is = to a year or two of kingfishing for many of us

When your hot your hot

Cheers

It is just that I spend more time chasing these guys than others...besides I spend a lot of time on the water.Cheers Kelvin

All in all I caught over a dozen fish. It still amazes me that the kings stop biting as soon as the sun sets. I think they are sight feeders .

post-2057-1161948553_thumb.jpg

Hi Kelvin my theory (for what its worth) its not so much that Kingies are sight feeders but squid are and so they order their movements around them. Nice lil session btw

That is an interesting theory. I know that in other parts of the world the kings can be caught at night. Most nocturnal kingfish bite like bream on the bottom. Also places like South oz they get huge kingies at night around power plants.

I hope I am not giving away too many secrets, but we used to get Hoodlum kingies at night on Swansea bridge....sorry Gazza! But all these night spots had a bit of light.

In winter when the days are short, the bite abruptly stops when the sun goes down. So I have presumed that kingfish were mainly sight feeders. I have also found that glo bait can make a difference when things are a bit tough.Cheers Kelvin