Geo River

domza

Not much to report, started off at 7am at oatley bay ramp. My new gps wouldn't work :ranting2: so a few spots of mine i couldn't get to..

tried the tom uglys and cooks bridge for nothing..thought i would try a nipper spot on the beach, and after 2 hours of pumping got 1 nipper :thumbdown: It was my first time ever pumping, and i didn't have a sifter so i guess its a start. Also got 2 or 3 sand worms (possibly blood worms?) around 40cm. Tried them as bait but they fell off due to being so soft..

After drifting around towra for a few hours and geting over 20 small pinky's it was time to head back into the river, but should have went straight to the ramp..Got nothing else for the day, and tried just about every spot i know(all 3 bridges, jewfish point, wolanora entrance) for nothing..

If anyone has any likely spots for flathead or whiting or can point me in the right direction i would be grateful.

Below is a picture of one of the sandworms. When in the bucket of water, looks identical to my gulp sandworms.

When i put it on the cuting board it shriveled up.

p1010448sc8.jpg

even though my arms are aching, i really enjoyed pumping nippers. I will be at port hacking next time for more of a chance at getting more.

The worm that you pumped looks like a squirt worm to me and they are a great bait for just about anything, use a long shanked hook and feed most of the worm up the hook. Squirt worms break up easily so be carefull. :biggrin2:

The worm that you pumped looks like a squirt worm to me and they are a great bait for just about anything, use a long shanked hook and feed most of the worm up the hook. Squirt worms break up easily so be carefull. :biggrin2:

:dito: That.

On the top of tide the fish atm tend to be in the shallows. Target your bait grounds at high tide & you should do well.

Cheers,

Grant.