Tuggerah Lake Saturday

Davemmm

Went out on Tuggerah lake with a mate from work on Saturday. The day started with us dragging the boat out through his back fence, over the grass, through the mud and into the lake. Closely followed by outboard and tank. Twenty-five minutes later still hadn't got the motor started.

The motor went back in the garage and we manned the oars. Not a good start for two unfit smokers.

As we rowed I floated nippers over the top of the weed beds and quickly hooked into some not quite legal bream. After fifteen minutes of rowing we anchored near a hole down towards the river. This gave me the chance to use the wizz bang sp's i got from Tony's through the week.

As this was my first outing with sp's I didnt have high expectations but my very first cast landed a 42cm flatty. Unfortunately all that followed was a couple of mini-bream that were great to catch but way too small.

The nippers proved to be more productive with three fat monster bream and another flatty almost identical to the first.

Luckily we didn't have to row back as the southerly came through and took us almost to the door. Two more little flatties on the super fast drift back in.

I'm still not sold on sp's over fresh/live bait but I will persist.

The following days outing from Nelson Bay was cancelled due to severe hangovers.

Sounds great, Dave! :thumbup: How+_+_)ere these "monster bream"? As far as SPs vs fresh/live bait is concerned, I'm beginning to swing towards SPs more than bait - but I regularly use them both. SPs have the advantage of covering more area and therefore potentially attracting more fish. A live bait, although deadly, will simply not cover as much water as SPs - which I find is important in Tuggerah Lake. Hope this helps.

Flattieman.

two went just over 33cm and the other (the one I didnt catch) went 38cm. They were the thickest bream I have seen for a long time. Even the little ones seemed to be heavy maybe its the water running out of the Wyong.