Bass N Bream Bash

my03

over the last few days ive gone down to my local river (1 min ride from my house)

and usually, i get the bream on small hyabusa hooks on bread.

today i was cheering from the fact i finished all uni crap and the year was coming to an end, decided to trat myself to a river2sea Baby vibe in frog

now im pretty new to plastics and lures so yeah, havent really caught anything on them decent yet.

so first i use the gulp fry 3" in pumkinseed and crack! something takes, it winding it is it's bloody tiny- its a taylor, but shit this fish was jumping like a billie!!!

so after a while plastics obviously not working, couldnt be bothered going to powerbait minnow 3" so i said lets crack this baby open, tie the little baby on the line and bang hook up my first fish on the lure, another tailor, then i walked around the area with nothing, so i decided to go upstream freshwater and i cast around, then on the opposite bank i see a huge rock overhang and though- if i was a bass i would definatly be chilling there!

so i walk across, and on the edge of the rock overhanging the water about 2 m above the surface, and i cast and retrieve when suddenly the drag goes ballistic!!!!!!!! while fighting this fish im constantly thinking "where the #$%^ am i gonna land this?!?! im 2 meters above the water with no access to the shore, this baby took me under the weeds and everywhere!!! but i didnt get busted!! i managed to land him on a bed of reeds where i slowly wrenched her up!!

whatta beauty she was!!! the first bass of the season and a good size too!!! first decent fish on lure as well!!

then i unhooked her and bolted down to the weir to release her, off she goes, at that point im making cheering noises with people around me thinking im on crack.

i go back to the spot, and tyry a few more spots, none, so i head back to the weir for a few casts, after a few whack!!! another big hit!! shit!! this baby is taking more line than the one before!! she feels stronger too!!! had a 30second battle with her and the hook came out :wife: %#$%#$% andway it ried in vein for another 20 mins no luck.

so here are the pics of the bass, and the bream for the last 2 days on bream. i only take fish of the legal ones so that'll give u an idea of the size, the reel is a rico marina metalium 4000, rod is a steve starling bass/bream 7footer, 6lb fireline, 6lb yamatoyo leader.

Image005.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image000.jpg

Edited by my03

Well done on your 1st bass there. :thumbup: That's a nice reel it looks very 'Daiwa' to me. But why did it classify it as 4000 size? Doesn't look that big to me. I love the knob on the handle, very 'Bassart'. :biggrin2:

Btw, u should chuck this in the Lure Fishing Report section I reckon.

Very nice pics, thanks!

Cheers,

Ronald

Well done on your 1st bass there. :thumbup: That's a nice reel it looks very 'Daiwa' to me. But why did it classify it as 4000 size? Doesn't look that big to me. I love the knob on the handle, very 'Bassart'. :biggrin2:

Btw, u should chuck this in the Lure Fishing Report section I reckon.

Very nice pics, thanks!

Cheers,

Ronald

hey there! its actually a rico marina metalium 4000 i guess its a less know brand but for the under 200 mark, it weas the choice for me, i could have forked out a 30 bucks more for daiwa but the daiwa has less bearings and didnt have the fat line guide thing (sorry bout the lack of termanology) i was a bit iffy aboutt he 4000 thing but apparently its the brand thing eg- shimano 2500, daiwa 2000, etc

the whole setup including line and a pack of jigheads and plastics only cost me about 300

hey there! its actually a rico marina metalium 4000 i guess its a less know brand but for the under 200 mark, it weas the choice for me, i could have forked out a 30 bucks more for daiwa but the daiwa has less bearings and didnt have the fat line guide thing (sorry bout the lack of termanology) i was a bit iffy aboutt he 4000 thing but apparently its the brand thing eg- shimano 2500, daiwa 2000, etc

the whole setup including line and a pack of jigheads and plastics only cost me about 300

Well done mate good fish, great getting your first fish on a lure and a bass as well, good stuff. Yeah the reel sizes can get confusing at times Okuma 30 = Diawa = 2500 = Shimano = 2000. but it looks like a 2500 or 2000 to me, a 4000 in diawa or shimano would be overkill.

Cheers