Cooks River 1st Nov

Bails

Arrived at the Cook's River boat ramp with Swordfisherman at 5am. Bumped into another Fishraider "Pretend Fisherman" who was contemplating the windy conditions, which were nothing like the BOM's forecast.

We had organised to fish with Bream Buster, his daughter Renee and Boxfish. They arrived soon after and we headed off into wind and the Cook's.

Conditions were difficult with the wind but a change from SP's to hardbodies soon saw Swordfisherman grab his first bream of the morning. We continued in this fashion working up the Cook's trying to find some shelter. By the second bridge everyone had a caught a bream or flathead. Caught up with Quinfish as he had given up trying to fish in the Bay.

We continued up to the bridge on the Princes hwy and I managed to get my first bream on a hardbody. Our celebrations managed to wake the homeless person who was living under the bridge who seemed less than thrilled with my achievement.

Nevertheless a number of bream and flathead were caught while working the area.

Worked the other bank back downstream until the wind again became a problem. Tried the creek just upstream of the ramp with some small flathead taken.

Overall a good day with some good fish caught, some laughs from watching Bream Buster manage to successfully collide with a number of boats he was trying to maneouvre around with his electric, a few tips from Swordfisherman and the wind.

Swordfisherman will add some photos when he gets a chance.

post-256-1162377343_thumb.jpg

post-256-1162377354_thumb.jpg

post-256-1162377367_thumb.jpg

post-256-1162377381_thumb.jpg

post-256-1162377392_thumb.jpg

post-256-1162377404_thumb.jpg

post-256-1162377417_thumb.jpg

post-256-1162377430_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you had a good day despite the wind.

I know I would of prefered to be out on the water then doing what I was doing.

Congrats.

Hey guys,

Great first report and pics!!

That's good going, considering the wind you did well.

Is that a smiln jack in "clear" Stewy, I have a few of them in the raw prawn but clear not pink. Yet to get a fish on one but haven't given them a big go yet either. I reckon they'd have to take fish in Hen and Chicken over the flats.

Oh, Em's fine as well. 24hr bug so hopefully back to school tomorrow. :biggrin2:

I have to say I love the way those fellas have the runabout set up with the lecci like that. Makes it a very versitile boat indeed.

Cheers guys,

David.

Edited by mottyman

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider, Richie. Great first report - sounds like a fun day! :thumbup::yahoo: Some lovely bream there. I'd say that you guys did very well considering the conditions. I was contemplating a quick LB SP session on the flats, but after only managing one little fella, I left - the wind wasn't too helpful. I did, however see the most and biggest mullet of my life! They were REALLY jumping - some would've been 60cm++ and created whitewater when they launched themselves a metre into the air!

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider Bails!

That's a great first report with plenty of good pics as well. :thumbup:

Nice session guys. Good to see plenty of Raiders out on the water ( even if I did have to work ).

I hope you didn't scare the homeless guy out of his home. :074: & is that you taking Stewy's lead & leaving bite marks on the rod? :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

:bump0ee:post-2695-1162809241_thumb.jpg Here we go again , I had just finished my report & went to add photos & lost the lot , so this is it .

Today was my first attempt a fishing in about 4 years, other than a couple of days at Mollymook last month with my boys, ( I did catch 2 octopus though, not much good when you don't know what to do with them).

I tagged along with Bream Buster (pinball wizard more likely) & his daughter Renee. We met up with Swordfisherman & Bails at the ramp & set off. After a little while Renee had caught a couple leaving BB & myself with empty hooks. I finally got a small flathead , followed by another . After getting snagged I rejigged & put on a half pumpkin seed bass minnow that I forgot to throw overboard , success came in the form of a nice flathead this time. much to the disscust of BB who at this stage was still fish less. After a move to the Princess Hwy bridge I caught a good size bream,( BB caught a good size bridge & a couple of boats, hahahaha).

Nothing much more for me than a few good bites , I tried a few hard bodies & a smiling Jack without any success, i didn't care as I caught the most on the boat for the day.

A big thank you goes out to Bream Buster for letting me tag along , I know it made casting hard for Renee with me sitting at the back all day but it gave us a laugh most of the time as we ducked under flying jig heads & hardbodies, Renee did manage to snag BB which was good for a laugh.

A thankyou also goes out to Swordfisherman whos constant yapping on about fishraider & fishing has given me a bit of the fishing bug, (not sure if its a good thing or not yet).

My next attempt looks like it's going to be at the flathead social in December so I look forward to meeting some of the other fishraiders.

Boxfish

post-2695-1162809277_thumb.jpg

post-2695-1162809420_thumb.jpg