Shimano Charter Special Tr2000ld

costello

Just what i wanted to hear guy's, thanks! One more question (i'm sure it won't be the last), what's the best method of getting the line onto these reels? I just don't want to put it on to loose or tight and end up spooling or losing a big one?

p.s. I've got to say guy's am i the only one who gets a woody when you get your new fishing gear home and take it out of the box and admire it. I'll never say it's better, but god damn it's close to sex!!!

Cheers

Costa

Edited by costa

Hi Costa

The easiest way is with two people the reel set up on your rod and the old dowel (pen, stick whatever fits) through the spool, the person holding the spool applies pressure so the line goes on tight and you just wind it on.

Cheers

Evil

Edited by Evil

Guest IFishSick.

I use a Charter Special and have it spooled up with 50lb braid. It works no problem although I don't want to set the drag to 33% because if a decent fish decides to go for it, I'm afraid the reel will pack it in under the pressure.

Just wind the braid on real tight and try not to lose the sync with the level wind. If you do lose the sync with the level wind you should try to get the line and level wind together or strip off some line off the reel and rewind. Otherwise when that hoodlum comes along you can lose it real quick due to the braid burying against the level windn. Trust me I have lost a few good fish due to this!. Cheers Kelvin

The level wind on these reels is a major problem with braid as it will trap and cut it if you have a bit of slack line. There is a gap between the screw in section on the bottom and the main part of the level wind. I ended up closing this with some dental floss impregnated with supa glue. In the top section there is a metal piece which also traps and cut braid. I had to close this gap using araldite.