Medium Spin Rods

monk

Hey guys,

Awesome site! This my first post outside "Swap & Sell".

After much saving up (uni=poor), I was just wondering if I could get some help finding a medium spin rod for my Shimano Biomaster 3000 which is spooled with 10lb Power Pro braid. It will be used for heavier SP and lure work in deeper water. Im looking for something 7 foot (2 piece) with a line class between 3-6kg.

I am considering the Pfleuger Trion PTSP 4770-2M and the new Starlo Stix Tournament Pro. Has anyone used one of these rods?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Cheers,

Monk :1fishing1:

G'day Monk,

Why don't you take the reel down to a tackle shop and have a play with both rods? I had a look at the stralo stix (not the tournamet ones) and they look like exceptional value for money. Also check out the jap spec rods on ebay from international sellers, if you like the eva grips. PM me if you need more info.

Alternatively, maybe saqa has a rod that'll be perfect for it! Rohit, if you read this, I am also a kai viti and if the coup fears keep on scaring everyone away, it may be the best time to go back and have a fish. The family reckons nothing is really happening over there atm. :P

Brendan

G'day Monk,

Why don't you take the reel down to a tackle shop and have a play with both rods? I had a look at the stralo stix (not the tournamet ones) and they look like exceptional value for money. Also check out the jap spec rods on ebay from international sellers, if you like the eva grips. PM me if you need more info.

Alternatively, maybe saqa has a rod that'll be perfect for it! Rohit, if you read this, I am also a kai viti and if the coup fears keep on scaring everyone away, it may be the best time to go back and have a fish. The family reckons nothing is really happening over there atm. :P

Brendan

Brendan

Good day mate. It might be a very good time to visit Fiji. The prices should be very good. Where abouts do you hail from. I am from Lautoka but parents are from Rakiraki. I fish Malaki passage a lot

Monk

I have 2 which should suit you very nicely. Are you available to come and check them out on Sun

Hey guys,

Thanks for your help. Rohit, I will definitely come and check them out soon (check your PM). I have heard lots of positive feedback about your rod and I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Thanks again,

Byron aka monk

Rohit,

Is it ok if i come down with monk on Sun? I wouldn't mind having a look at your rods too the pics and reviews are awesome (maybe can have a bit of a talanoa as well:P). I have PMed Bailon and can arrange with him :thumbup:.

Brendan

Rohit,

Is it ok if i come down with monk on Sun? I wouldn't mind having a look at your rods too the pics and reviews are awesome (maybe can have a bit of a talanoa as well:P). I have PMed Bailon and can arrange with him :thumbup:.

Brendan

Yeah mate. Come over. No yaqona but. Too early in th morning