Middle Harbour 2/11

zen801

Hi raiders,

With all the talk of middle harbour lately i thought i would get out there and have a go. Left from Roseville at about 9am and headed out to the usual haunts around the Spit. Wind was a problem and couldnt raise any yakkas. At rosevill earlier plenty of over size mullet though.

At the spit had several kingies chase my baits up but not at all interested. They spent most of the time teasing me from under the boat. Threw everything i had at them including lures and soft plastic. They would have a nudge or little bite but that was it. I managed one run for zip.

Moved on upstream and managed a couple of plate size snapper all returned to mommy and one nice keeper flattie that im just about to cook. Thank God for flathead.

The wind was a major pain. Hoping for no rain tonight and some yakkas or mullet from roseville to be transported to either Narrabeen or Longie for a beach fish tonite. Trying to beat my PB of 8kg jewie taken late August although somehow i think Herman might get lucky tonite.

Humesy if your out there we gonna make the decision last minute due to weather.

At the spit had several kingies chase my baits up but not at all interested. They spent most of the time teasing me from under the boat. Threw everything i had at them including lures and soft plastic. They would have a nudge or little bite but that was it. I managed one run for zip.

Moved on upstream and managed a couple of plate size snapper all returned to mommy and one nice keeper flattie that im just about to cook. Thank God for flathead.

Hey Zenman

Nice to see some action following your baits - even if it did result in no landed kings (what was the bait? - that may have been the problem). It can be really frustrating when that happens. A tip that Duke gave me was to catch a smaller reddie (or the like) and keep it in the water just under the boat for a minute or two - this will get the kings in the mood to take your bait when presented.

Also nice to see that you got dinner upstream. All in all not a bad day on the water (wind excepted!)

Hi mate I have been in a similar situation to yours one time

at Clifton,those damn Kings would follow my baits and lures

all the way back to the boat and then turn around and head

back to the wharf :ranting2: how frustrating,I feel for u.

At least the Flattie kept u interested at meal time.

:beersmile: penguin