Loomis Glx Build Ideas?

coollamon

Hey guys I have a loomis glx blank that I am taking to Tony from fishfinder in the next couple of weeks to

get built into a sp style rod.

Just Wanted to ask peoples opinions on runners/guides what are the best sort and the different advantages

between say titanium and ceramic etc

also reel seats is there a particular brand that I should be looking for or are they all pretty much the same?

I was going to go for cork grips but Iam not sure as my last cork grip rod the grips get really dirty and are

hard to clean up

any thoughts?

thanks guys

Coollamon

Edited by coollamon

Hi,

best to speak to tony, tell him what you want to do with the rod, the style of lures you will be using etc.. he will be able to steer you in the right direction...

in my own opinion, use the lightest components you can afford as they retain the action of the blank better.

Coolamon, firstly you got yourself a great blank. If it was mine, I'd be building the rod with very high grade cork grips (Tony can get them) and Fuji Ti Sic guides. That way you can run mono and braid lines. Something to consider with the current trend towards Fluorocarbon main lines.

Unfortunately the best reel seats i have used are some of the Daiwa ones however these are not available as components :mad3::thumbdown: Tony and his rod builder will put you on the right track there. :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

You've got yourself a pretty fine (and expensive) blank! That calls for the best of components. Don't try and save dollars, you'll just regret it later on. Go the Fuji titanium guides, I would recommend TATSG's, the single leg guides to minimise weight. The REC guides are supposedly a tiny bit lighter, but they have no ceramic ring, so braid makes an awful noise when it passes through (especially under pressure).

As for reel seats, I like Fuji too, but I haven't used other brands so I can't comment on those. I like the skeletal reel seats with a cork insert, if you use a high grade cork, it shouldnt take on too much dirt. There are also some nice handle kits from Fuji, IPS I think.

Coollamon,

Sorry but I wouldn't be much help. I was just wondering how you got hold of the GLX blank. I was looking at getting someone to make one up but was told that you can't buy the blanks, only IMX ones. I am keen to get my hands on one myself if they're available.

Cheers

Brendan

Coollamon,

Sorry but I wouldn't be much help. I was just wondering how you got hold of the GLX blank. I was looking at getting someone to make one up but was told that you can't buy the blanks, only IMX ones. I am keen to get my hands on one myself if they're available.

Cheers

Brendan

They can be bought online from mudhole

http://shop.mudhole.com/Spinning-Blanks?sc...mp;category=646

Edited by Saqa