Lowrance 337c Gps & Sounder Combo...sounder Settings?

kilp

Hi guys, I have bought this combo, a while back and really enjoy it. However, I am having a few issue that I dont understand. When I ask other people whom own this sounder or similar, they all claim that they can run the sounder around the 90 - 98 % sensitivity, however on my sounder, it only comes go around the 70 - 78 % sensitivy any more and it is too busy?

Also I have that little whirly wheel connected, however when I ask the sounder to show the water speed, it dosent do it. Does this seem like a case of a bad connection?

I went downrigging today, and you could see my bomb at about 10 feet deep, however, when I when to lower the bombs to 40 ft, its like they disapeared from the sounder???

If anyone here has had this issue or knows how I can solve it, it would be much appreciated, Also I live in the hills district in sydney, Does anyone know of any good marine electral mob, that I might be able to send this to for a look at?

thanks again fellas.

cheers kilp

hi,

I have a similar unit to yours.

Sounds like you have a noise issue - i can lend you a video and a book to show you how to set the unit up - adjust

the noise could be from cabling - but to me i think it may have something to do with transducer placement. as to the speed wheel - im yet to get mine working yet too - but then i haven't tried apart from installing it as i have a speedo and the gps also tells me speed.

as for the bomb not showing at 40ft - could again be the transducer angle

im not to far from you - pm me if interested ill give you the details

Edited by Aron

hi,

I have a similar unit to yours.

Sounds like you have a noise issue - i can lend you a video and a book to show you how to set the unit up - adjust

the noise could be from cabling - but to me i think it may have something to do with transducer placement. as to the speed wheel - im yet to get mine working yet too - but then i haven't tried apart from installing it as i have a speedo and the gps also tells me speed.

as for the bomb not showing at 40ft - could again be the transducer angle

im not to far from you - pm me if interested ill give you the details

Aron

thanks mate, I do appreciate it, can you please check your pm, I just sent you a message.

kilp