Sp's For Trout

Guest DV8

Hi raiders

Heading down to Lake Jindabyne tomorrow. Has anyone any knowledge on SP's for trout. I am sure they work well but which patterns have you had the most success on??

Cheers

davo

Hi raiders

Heading down to Lake Jindabyne tomorrow. Has anyone any knowledge on SP's for trout. I am sure they work well but which patterns have you had the most success on??

Cheers

davo

Mate, Steve Starling wrote an article in this month's Modern Fishing about trout and SPs - he says that 5-8cm tails on 2-6gm heads (Squidgy Fish and Wrigglers in Rainbow Trout or Brown Trout colour). He "burns" them quickly or "slow-rolls" them or even hops them down deep banks - he's caught trout on each technique. I think it might be a good idea to pick up a copy of Modern Fishing on your way down - Steve also mentions that the people at the Alpine Angler know their stuff by observing pros out on the lakes - trout on SPs is becoming popular.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Mate, Steve Starling wrote an article in this month's Modern Fishing about trout and SPs - he says that 5-8cm tails on 2-6gm heads (Squidgy Fish and Wrigglers in Rainbow Trout or Brown Trout colour). He "burns" them quickly or "slow-rolls" them or even hops them down deep banks - he's caught trout on each technique. I think it might be a good idea to pick up a copy of Modern Fishing on your way down - Steve also mentions that the people at the Alpine Angler know their stuff by observing pros out on the lakes - trout on SPs is becoming popular.

Flattieman.

Thanks flattieman. Steve starlo wouild know. i had the pleasure of meeting him once and he is a real nice bloke too. The alpine Angler is a great spot to stop. i always do every year and have a cuppa and talk trout though Scott Mitchell sold it a couple of weeks ago so I don't know what the new owners are like. Thanks for the tip.

Davo

Thanks flattieman. Steve starlo wouild know. i had the pleasure of meeting him once and he is a real nice bloke too. The alpine Angler is a great spot to stop. i always do every year and have a cuppa and talk trout though Scott Mitchell sold it a couple of weeks ago so I don't know what the new owners are like. Thanks for the tip.

Davo

No problems, mate - agree about Starlo (top bloke) - we've had a few good yarns at Tackle Shows etc... He says that the new owners are good folk.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Hi guys, I briefly hooked a very large brown trout a couple of weeks ago using a 2g squidgie finnesse jighead mated to a 50mm squidgie wriggler in silver fox colours, I find this combo to be very castable , has a slow seductive sink with just a little tail wiggle. A good match for the resident gudgeons and gallaxids. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Davo

The new owner is a mate of mine by the name of John Quinn. Top bloke who knows his stuff & will continue the great service the Alpine Angler is known for.

Say g'day for me when you see him.

Cheers,

Grant.