Baitrunner 6500 A

Guest danielinbyron

does anyone know of any difference between the 6500 and 6500b besides the handle?

The line roller is a lot larger and it actually rolls :thumbup:

Also, the rotor is much better balanced. Not sure of any mods mate.

Cheers

Red

Also instant anti reverse was included in the B series and I think they added some type of line laying system so that it lays braided line better on the spool. I remember when the B series came out I was in the market for a 4500 and I didn't get the B series beacuse I thought the A series was a tried and proven reel, now a few years later I wish I had got the B series they are a lot nicer to use.

Also instant anti reverse was included in the B series and I think they added some type of line laying system so that it lays braided line better on the spool. I remember when the B series came out I was in the market for a 4500 and I didn't get the B series beacuse I thought the A series was a tried and proven reel, now a few years later I wish I had got the B series they are a lot nicer to use.

Bashir you can just replace the rotor of your A with 1 from a B.

The 6500B has a better infinite antireverse than 6500A.

But the 6500A may be modified to a high-speed retrieve and still be able to use the baintrunner function normally, whereas modification of the 6500B to high speed retrieve requires manual engagement of the baitrunner function.

The 6500A (original) is meant to have a smoother drag system than the new one (6500B)

P.S the modification allows you to use the reel for snapper fishing and live baiting but also for pelagics.

Hope this helps.

cheers,

Huey :beersmile:

Edited by drdonjuan9

Guest danielinbyron

In addition to Reds comment I actually tried them side by side and the b's are incredibly smoother..I didn't however test how it lay down the line..Not all later models are an improvement but I'm convinced that the 6500b certainly is. It really helped to know what I was looking for . There was one in good nick for $130 at a local second hand shop , i decided after the advice i recieved to wait for a 6500b. thanks guys

Edited by danielinbyron