A Windy Parra 11/11

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

After a stop off at Wattos this morning (thanks again Sean) to pick up some supplies and have a chat with Flightmanager and Hassar Andy and I headed down to the Parra with hopes of a few fish.

Jeez it was busy. Rowers and sail boats everywhere!!

We started soaking a few baits for a flattie and a chopper and then headed into Hen and Chicken to fish the run up tide.

The wind really started to blow hard and fishing plastics was very difficult to say the least but we managed a few fish. The biggest bream went 30cm and we also got some more flatties plus a good sized whiting.

We pulled the pin about 1.30pm as the wind got the better of us and headed for home.

Definately not one of our better days on the water but better than not being out there at all and we got a few fish so that's OK.

post-237-1163230507_thumb.jpg

post-237-1163230477_thumb.jpg

post-237-1163230458_thumb.jpg

post-237-1163230434_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Thanks guys,

The whiting were a bit of a pain actually. Hit and drop merchants. The bream took the worm head first but the whiting I find tend to tail them, hang on for a little without hooking up and drop it.

The bream were hard to come by. Spoke to a couple of well known bream fisho's, one who's nick name matched the "Windy" conditions perfectly, the other seemed to fit the "Bill" pretty well, :074: in their beautiful big glass bream boat. They weren't doing much better than me, a couple of legals when I spoke to them, so I took heart that even the gun bream men were finding the going tough.

Anywho, like you guys said, time spent fishing is never wasted.

Cheers

David.

Hi David,

I think I might have saw u at the end of the bay just after the run-out. I was land based wearing a visor. Anyway, I didn't do too well, nothing spectacular to report. Couple of flatties and 2 breams biggest only a 28. Didn't really had a problem with the wind as it was kinda blowing from my back.

Cheers

Ronald

Hi David,

I think I might have saw u at the end of the bay just after the run-out. I was land based wearing a visor. Anyway, I didn't do too well, nothing spectacular to report. Couple of flatties and 2 breams biggest only a 28. Didn't really had a problem with the wind as it was kinda blowing from my back.

Cheers

Ronald

Hey Ronald, yeah that was me, headed up there to try to get away from the wind a little. I thought that was you and was going to motor over and say G'day but you looked like you were concentrating fairly hard on what you were doing so decided to leave you alone and not spook any fish in close with my noisy 2stroke.

Andy by that stage was ready to pull the pin so I headed home. Bream certainly were hard to come by.

Cheers

David.

oops, sorry! :blush: didn't mean to be rude by doing that.

ron

Hey Ronald not at all mate, you just looked engrossed in what you were doing so was reluctant to come over and mess it up for ya.

Next time you see me give me a wave and I'll come over :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

David.