Spare Wheel For Trailer

Lasty

After reading that yet another person has had a tyre blowout I realise I should get off my bum and get myself a spare wheel for my trailer. I have a Dunbier trailer with 13inch wheels with 5 studs. My question is where is the best place to get one of these from. Can I get one from Dunbier or should I go to a dealer or can I pick one up from a wreckers?

After reading that yet another person has had a tyre blowout I realise I should get off my bum and get myself a spare wheel for my trailer. I have a Dunbier trailer with 13inch wheels with 5 studs. My question is where is the best place to get one of these from. Can I get one from Dunbier or should I go to a dealer or can I pick one up from a wreckers?

Lasty. Most trailers are fitted with either Ford or Holden hubs. Suggest you contact Dunbier to find out which one is on your trailer as they are not interchangeable.

You may need to have some idea when the trailer was made as Dundier may have changed from one brand to the other at some stage.

Once you know , then the choice of purchase is your call.

Suggest you take one of the trailer wheels when purchasing the spare to double check the stud holes line up. Finding an error when sitting on the side of the road will not be a happy experience. :1yikes:

Also , consider purchasing a spare set of wheel bearings. Grease them up then store in the boat , in a place which is the least exposed to salt water.

And , don't forget the wheel brace. The nuts on the traiter may be different to the tow vehicle

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

dunbier dont sell direct to the public - you can call them tell them the model of your trailer (should be on your vin plate near the winch post) and they will tell you what you need.

I would think that it would be a ford pattern - you can sometimes pick them up off ebay - or you may have to go to a boat dealer and have them order one in for you.

Sydney Office

25 Devon Road,

Ingleburn,

NEW SOUTH WALES 2565

Ph: (02) 9618 0100

Fax: (02) 9618 0300

Email: dunbnsw@dunbier.com

Roy,

The other day I took a look at your set up.

The only concern that you could have is if there is not enough clearance under your wheel guard.

From memory I don't think that you will have a drama and there will be enough room.