Hc Bay 11/11/06

newatthegame

Saturday after work headed down to the famous Hen Chicken Bay along with a mate for a quick spin in hope for some bream. Spending 2 hours we ended up with 7 flathead and one tailor. No Bream :thumbdown::thumbdown: which was a shame. One flathead i caught would have to be my PB to date. I didn't have my tape measure on my which was a shame so i don't have an offical size for it but i would guess just pushing 60cm which was great fun. Attached is the pic. Any tips for more bream hookups. Current SP are 3 inch bass minnows and 3 inch gulp grubs.

post-2194-1163300158_thumb.jpg

Gday mate dont know if you remember me, i was there that day fishing about 20 metres away from you. I caught a shitload of flatties that day, all rubbish size too. I fish there regularly, there hasnt been many bream in that bay lately however ive been having cracker sessions on bream on the other side of the river (directly opposite river) near the storm water pipes and thats where i scored my 70cm flattie just last week. Also been getting some thumper whiting there.

Congrats on your new pb!!

DAN

Would someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere due to the pollution in the Parra that keeping your catch at H&C was not a great idea.....

Yea any fish anywhere in the Parra river is really bad for your health, and all should be released..However in saying that i do know of people who have eaten and still eat from the parra river. Then again a few years ago, my mate fed his cat a fish from the parra and it died lol :1yikes:

DAN

Last time i fished H&C Bay there was this old guy soaking baits, whilst i was fishing he landed this massive eel. After winching it up the wall he promply slit its throat and put in his boot to take home :1yikes:

I guess this guy was pretty old and still alive :074:

I certainly would not eat anything out of there :thumbdown:

Cheers

BM

Try anywhere along the western side at high tide. I have had luck all around the bay at different times mainly trying to get out of the wind. I like to start at the south western end and work my way around as the tide is going out. Others probably have better advice as i only have been at it a little while

lure wise, the BM's go oookay at times, but gulp turtleback worms in pumpkinseed camo worms are the pick of the plastics and ecogear sx-40's in colors 307 (clear water and sky) and 306 (i think thats the one... its name is red eye vampire. good dirty water color) are the best hardbodies. and jackall chubbies in shrimp.

for heads, fish 1/16 or 1/20oz on 8lb fluorocarbon leader so you can still pick bream without losing too many lizards.

a really good FC i just started using is linesystems EGI.

see tony at fishfinder. he's got a ridiculous range of it...

hey newatthegame,

just stay out of iron cove!!!

until i get my boat that is (soon i hope. maybe in a few months).

actually, iron cove is an ace spot to spin off the banks, and although smaller than HC bay, has always produced fish for me. start at rodd point and work along the mangroves (wear some waders) towards the city westlink.

If some one could help me then that would be much appreciated.

I was just wanting to know what is the time variance on the high tide for H&C?

I would imagine it would be a bit but what would it be 30 minutes, 1 hour or what?

Thanks in advance.

Stoney.