Performance Outboard Parts

MrGenius

Hey all,

Does anyone know of places that supply performance outboard parts, like aftermarket or factory racing heads, gaskets, cranks etc etc.

After parts for my tohatsu 2 smoker and if i can buy off the shelf id rather do that than machine and modify everything myself.

I have rang tohatsu and a few of their dealers but its hard to find someone that can even construct a sentence let alone give you some information. :mad3:

Cheers,

Nathan

its hard to find someone that can even construct a sentence let alone give you some information. :mad3:

Hey mate,

Good one! LOL. I agree, its amazing the number of deadheads fishing/boating seems to attract into the industry..... :(

Of course, Fishraiders are all intelligent, friendly blokes who are highly educated and the best in their chosen fields..... :1prop:

Its every industry unfortunately just some more so than others and these seem to be all the ones i am interested in and need to purchase things for :wacko:

I know the parts exist as i was speaking to someone on the weekend who had purchased them but the place he got them from doesnt have a clue any more. Maybe the person who got them doesnt work there any more.

Mr Genius, the company below may be worth a go

http://www.outboardparts.com.au/ I have not dealt with them personally but they do seem to import and may be worth a go. Now from experience the USA made motors have many manufacturers that do aftermarket performance parts for them (ie Wiseco pistons etc etc) but from my engine building days the japanese stuff is generally "factory" type gear and is restricted to engines that one may find in racing oriented craft. Im assuming that you have a 30 tohatsu and allthough a long shot try talking to a dealer near the coast as the surf clubs use the 25hp variants (same engine different jetting I think)

on the IRB's and it is very wide practice for them to work the bejeesus out of them (obviously they may not do it themselves but should be able to put you onto a workshop/dealer that does.)

Cheers

GT