Berowra Spin Session

gibodfisho

Fished Berowra Saturday afternoon, and started fishing shaded shore line as it was still dam hot. Driven totally mad by choppers, pulled hooks and my lack of competence. With grace and poise/full throttle maniac headed off to fish the remants of some racks. A tricky cross wind and furher crap casting resulted in one very snagged lure and further frustration. Finally found a decent bream and also my first Estuary Perch on a point. It was very dark and heavily built, they sure are a unique fish. Rounded things off with a big but very lazy flattie that did not take hardly any drag on light tackle. No 10pnder, which is my goal but at 65cm it helped turn a dud session into a good one!

post-123-1163404413_thumb.jpg

Fished Berowra Saturday afternoon, and started fishing shaded shore line as it was still dam hot. Driven totally mad by choppers, pulled hooks and my lack of competence. With grace and poise/full throttle maniac headed off to fish the remants of some racks. A tricky cross wind and furher crap casting resulted in one very snagged lure and further frustration. Finally found a decent bream and also my first Estuary Perch on a point. It was very dark and heavily built, they sure are a unique fish. Rounded things off with a big but very lazy flattie that did not take hardly any drag on light tackle. No 10pnder, which is my goal but at 65cm it helped turn a dud session into a good one!

Woohoo! Nice flattie there... and a first EP! :thumbup::yahoo: Great Perch pic - they're very nice to look at. :biggrin2:

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Good Session,

Any session when you score and EP and a 65cm flatty is pretty dam good :biggrin2::thumbup: When you see that flash of silver you think bream, but once you find it is an EP it is always pretty special

Pity about the flatty fight though :thumbdown:

but that's flatties, some go hard and other just don't

cheers

BM

Good Session,

Any session when you score and EP and a 65cm flatty is pretty dam good :biggrin2::thumbup: When you see that flash of silver you think bream, but once you find it is an EP it is always pretty special

Pity about the flatty fight though :thumbdown:

but that's flatties, some go hard and other just don't

cheers

BM

Your not wrong about the different attitudes of flatties, but the depth of water is 1 part, the shallower the harder they run. In deep water "sometimes" they are happy to plod along in mid water. This thing didn't even panic after 2 missed net attempts. How the 6pnd leader did not let go is amazing.

Yeah, gibod - lucky that the leader held. I managed a 63.5cm flattie in less than a metre of water about two weeks ago... on 4lb fluorocarbon... had to beach it because I was landbased and didn't bring the environet! Lost two bigger ones on the same day (both by angler error - went too hard on one and too soft on the other - one sawed through the leader and the other spat the hook) - at least I got to see them! :biggrin2:

Flattieman.