Reelax Road Riggers Anyone Used Them

Markwi

Guest Big-Banana

Couldn't you just do that with an properly arched rod holder? I can troll 4 lines comfortably with a worry in tangling them up without outriggers now, after a few tangles.

Couldn't you just do that with an properly arched rod holder? I can troll 4 lines comfortably with a worry in tangling them up without outriggers now, after a few tangles.

Hi Anthony

A friend of mine had a home made set of those rod holders and they are great when you have a boat thats narrow in the beam and not wide like yours. It effectively gives you a spread of 6 Meters when compared to 2.5 with four rod holders.

The other beauty of them is when drifting and they help keep the lines apart.

I am making a set up for my boat that extends the rods straight out from the sides.

Say hello to the Banana man for me.

David

they aren't designed to prevent tangles, that is easy stuff. They're designed to get your lures in the cleaner water of your boat's wash without resorting to outriggers. They are great for small boats as often this is all you need, outriggers can be a waste of money. Although I'm sure a decent stainless steel fabricator can make a pair up for much cheaper than what reelax sells them for.

• 2 weeks later...