Squiding Offshore

FletcherG1991

Guest Big-Banana

Ive got them up to 2kg offshore, I like the bigger jigs, say 2.5 to 3 inch. I used to get the consistantly in around 30-40 m of water. Good luck. Go the Pink Jig!

There's and old bloke who squids off barrnejoey in a 10ft dingy with an8hp motor. He is ALWAYS there and I say hi to him everytime. He gets HUGE squid with those coloured plastic jigs on a handline. I have been squidded with live baits fished here for kingies so it seems like the big squid are around. Haraka is spot on! CHeers Kelvin

Guest Big-Banana

There's and old bloke who squids off barrnejoey in a 10ft dingy with an8hp motor. He is ALWAYS there and I say hi to him everytime. He gets HUGE squid with those coloured plastic jigs on a handline. I have been squidded with live baits fished here for kingies so it seems like the big squid are around. Haraka is spot on! CHeers Kelvin

Italian Bloke?

Yeah that one with the life jacket on. He is there almost everyday. I missed him for a couple of weeks last year when he went on holidays but otherwise he goes out wind, rain or hail...sometimes with a friend...a bit like me actually... I saw him this morning as well. Cheers Kelvin