Middle And North Harbour - Big Wobbegong

zen801

post-2060-1163815688_thumb.jpgHi Raiders,

Went out this morning and fished middle Harbour for lots of pinkies and two nice flathead. The biggest went about 52cm. The fish of the day had to be the enormous wobbegong i caught off quarantine. Put up a great fight and took about 15mins to land. It went about 4 or 5 feet and maybe 18 or 20kgs. Quick photo op then back in the water. Shame it wasnt a keeper. I was surprised to see on my fish chart that you can take these guys. Are they any good to eat? Not that i would.

Saw some other guys with a couple of very nice fish but thats their story. Coming back into 8knot zone at Roseville got pinged for speeding by MSB - bummer!

post-2060-1163815747_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1163821732_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman

post-2060-1163815688_thumb.jpgHi Raiders,

Went out this morning and fished middle Harbour for lots of pinkies and two nice flathead. The biggest went about 52cm. The fish of the day had to be the enormous wobbegong i caught off quarantine. Put up a great fight and took about 15mins to land. It went about 4 or 5 feet and maybe 18 or 20kgs. Quick photo op then back in the water. Shame it wasnt a keeper. I was surprised to see on my fish chart that you can take these guys. Are they any good to eat? Not that i would.

Saw some other guys with a couple of very nice fish but thats their story. Coming back into 8knot zone at Roseville got pinged for speeding by MSB - bummer!

Top day to be on the water;

well done on the catch, wobbies are top eating and pretty rare these days especially in the harbour

probably a good thing you released it.

bad luck about the fine :( but i'm sure it's 4knots from killarney pt to the ramp

:beersmile: Michael

Top day to be on the water;

well done on the catch, wobbies are top eating and pretty rare these days especially in the harbour

probably a good thing you released it.

bad luck about the fine :( but i'm sure it's 4knots from killarney pt to the ramp

:beersmile: Michael; Keenas;

Pete,

Not sure how much the fine is but he said he would send either a caution or a fine in the mail. I didnt want to ask how much it might be as didnt want to jinx myself. I think he was going to look up my details to see if i had been cautioned B4. Cheers.

Pete,

Not sure how much the fine is but he said he would send either a caution or a fine in the mail. I didnt want to ask how much it might be as didnt want to jinx myself. I think he was going to look up my details to see if i had been cautioned B4. Cheers.

Hope you score just a caution...the fine would ruin an otherwise good day on the water.

Cheers,

Pete