Broken Bay Wide

jjsydney

Hi All

Went to the BB FAD today, there were a few small kings right on the FAD, not dollie to be seen, Rohit jiged a large leather jacket, Lance converted some lovely livies into 2 of the largest pike u will see, both off the bottom from 100m. Long way to pull it up for that disappointment,

We then pulled some plastic and bibless minnow wide of the FAD, about 35km found water too 20.2 but that was the highest, might b a few more days till it gets close.

Wind picked up on the way home whihc made it a bit of a bumpy ride but was nice to b out there giving it a shot,

BTW there r heaps and heaps of traps within sight of the FAD this year which should make it itineresting chocies out there when the warm waters in.

Hope others did better.

Jon

Thanks for having me onboard today Jon. It was still a lot of fun. That LJ really did suprise me, didnt expect one of them to latch on to a 300g knife jig. Still a lot of warm weather to come. I am sure you boys will get a few over the next month :thumbup: .

Hi Jon, good to catch up on radio this morning, too bad the BB Fad didnt do it for you. I ventured out to Syd Port Jackson Fad and my sounder was saying 17.5 deg , though sounder is a cheapie. Nothing showing there. Did manage to jig up around 6 Kings off long reef though but dissapointed as only one boated due to assist hook failure on jig. Pretty pissed to have 3 of them go for that one last hard run at surface and either straighten hooks or break poor quality dacron. Upgrading them asap. Catch up again soon either on the radio again or in person , Cheers dave