Fish Like Lollies.....

wolfgang

Howdy Raiders,

I've been chatting to Dan from Byron a while back and he made mention of fish being caught on lollies.

Since than I've been playing silly buggers. Now before the purists fall off their chairs backwards and so

forth it's not a case of swapping your Berkleys, Squidgies for a packet of mixed lollies but for a bit of

fun and to get a laugh I've had varying degrees of success. Milko's and Sour Snakes seem to go great

guns while Chico's and mint leaves well.......I've had to scoff those down due to no interest.

Here's a couple of Pics of this evenings effort. I'll include a sensible pic of a flattie on a 2 inch new penny

shrimp.

Anybody else had much luck with more unusual lures out there????

Guest danielinbyron

G'day mate... Yeah the flathead were thick when i think it was Ewan that put a milk bottle down to get past the chopper tailor when they were hitting the bait on the way down and had success.. :074:

maybe we should go for a jewie on a big red snake.. no pics made it up...

Top work Wittman, my :wife: is partial to those sort of lollies, I will have to knock a few off.

Cheers

Evil

Yeah you can't really chew on a Gulp in the same fashion. Mind you a milk bottle has bugger all action.

I'm taking a doubting Thomas down tonight to try the same trick. I lost a massive, massive Flathead

on Saturday night out of the same hole I caught the big girl earlier this year. I got two very good looks

at her from about 2 metres out and I'd say she's a metre in length and very possibly the same big girl!!

I'll take the camera down (just in case) but might try the more conventional market brand plastics if I

have a crack at her.

Saw a doco on foxtel about a month ago (how do they make that?) showed how they make lolies etc, at the end of the show they mentioned that there product was popular with fishermen.

They were making gummy worms

post-1705-1164012177_thumb.jpg

Nice sourworms, those fluro/soft pink and green colours look preety hot!!

Yeah a friend Daz and I stayed out for far too long on the boat on the local reef. We had no food so I was scouring deep into the hidden corners of the boat to gather month old muesli bars, old moth ball eucalyptous lollies and a moldy old bag of milk bottles all of which we proceeded to eat then catch flathead on!!

• 1 month later...

The new penny shrimp is deadly!!! Probably my favourite SP at the moment. I have caught almost everything on ot at some point. Pity about the price though!!

Davo

Saqa when are the 'Confectionary Max' blanks coming out? I want one :1prop:

Aron you sure the gummy worms aren't just *literally* popular with anglers?:)

I actually prefer the dinasours from the confectionery company :074::074: