Gawn.....

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

Ewan and i went back to the lane that has been holding trevs last night and i've been chattin to Saqa about how many times i've been getting done and reefed down there at night .. We spun up a couple of trevs and a couple of tailor and put some slabs out when we ran out of puff.. stayed into the night with one torch between us like the old days..

.. and then it happened.... i hadn't losened my drag enough my tss4 let out a screech and my beloved Snyder aka schnides .. . mt7144 "if god had one rod it would be this one"

headed out to sea... it took less then a second and i yelled "GONE" to stop my self from going with it.

Ewan and i stayed for a while longer and decided if it were to go its best taken by a fish then a robber or a transport accident.. And thought about how many fish we've caught on that rod and how much our whole fishing style has changed since I got it..

I'm going down there today to try and find it , cos you know, ya just gotta have a go can't just abandon it. But I'm not holding out that much hope. Sad day if i don't find it..There are many like it but none the same.

Guest danielinbyron

Thanx mate: same thing thats been doing me up ... Big fast heads straight for the reef , doesn't nibble just belts the bait at speed , like a huge resident Jack or kingy .. The landscape under water isn't on my side to let it run and its not turning with 50lb braid and 80lb leader...I'll be spooling up some rope on an alvey , borrowing my mates 13ft 9wrap{the dynamic lifter}and squaring up i think...

good news is i just ran into a mate who's a diver , and i'd lost his number, he's got the day off too so its all a bit serendipitous.. That rod was loved by a few people and he's one of em... Its been through so much it wouldn't surprise me if it came back from the briney... Funny thing is i got a tss4 on it that cost $140 and a full spool of braid and the rod only cost me $40. ya think i care about the reel?

Dan...... tragic mate.

I lost a custom built rod in the Lachlan river years ago given to me by an uncle. It was actually

my mate who lost it. We were crossing the river way below the spillway chasing trout on fly and celta's

when my mate lost his footing in about waist high water. The water runs pretty quick and cold coming

from Lake Wyangala above anyway it was the worst feeling seeing him find his footing about 1o metres

further down come up with bare hands....(glad he was alright but Jesus the sinking feeling in my stomach

seeing him empty handed was hard to take.) GONSKI!! I really thought I'd lost this rod, the reel, can't

remember (Daiwa I think) I couldn't give at the time a toss about.

The upside was the river used to drop dramatically depending on the outflows so for a few w/ends I'd search the end of the rapid where I thought maybe it may have got wedged amongst the granite boulders.

I bloody found it covered in that green slime wedged at the base of some boulders. My mates couldn't believe it and I for one thought i was searching in vain was absolutely stoked to say the least. (it has never

ever been entrusted to anybody else since!!)

I know there is a massive differance between a tailrace river and the wide open sea Dan but you never

know. Anyway I hope your diver mate pulls off a miracle and comes up trumps with your fave weapon.

Guest danielinbyron

Just got back water clear as a bell .. went for a live bait sesh couldn't get bait ,, spun up a small kingy and saw some big ones and i think a small cobe had a go at Ewan at one stage ... On the way back up the hill we saw some tuna that were about 30 or 40 kg ... Had 3 divers have a look for her... Oh well .. thanks for the support ..I got plenty of rods but that one... we had history.

I'm usually so careful about setting my drag .. must have dropped a mind fart..And i thought it was locked in to the ledge.. So it could have been anything flattieman maybe a big king maybe a big tuna anything.. there is 23degree water here now , so i'm hopeful about the next few weeks. And the lesson may be i have to get a bit more zen if i want to tussle with the big boys.

Might have to think about getting Saqa to make me one of his works of pure genius as a consolation...And i'm short a work horse spinning reel .

Just got back water clear as a bell .. went for a live bait sesh couldn't get bait ,, spun up a small kingy and saw some big ones and i think a small cobe had a go at Ewan at one stage ... On the way back up the hill we saw some tuna that were about 30 or 40 kg ... Had 3 divers have a look for her... Oh well .. thanks for the support ..I got plenty of rods but that one... we had history.

I'm usually so careful about setting my drag .. must have dropped a mind fart..And i thought it was locked in to the ledge.. So it could have been anything flattieman maybe a big king maybe a big tuna anything.. there is 23degree water here now , so i'm hopeful about the next few weeks. And the lesson may be i have to get a bit more zen if i want to tussle with the big boys.

Might have to think about getting Saqa to make me one of his works of pure genius as a consolation...And i'm short a work horse spinning reel .

Wow! Hope you land it next time! Mate, I'm a bit baised :biggrin2: ... but I'd definitely agree with getting Saqa to work his magic on a replacement... :drool:

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman