National Park 18/11

sifisho

Afternoon all - decided its about time I posted a report seeing as I have been enjoying everyone elses for a few months now...

Went down to the National Park early Saturday morning. As usual I woke up half an hour before the alarm, so decided to have an early start, as it turned out this was a stroke of luck because I would have probably blanked if I had stayed in bed.

Got down to the beach at first light and was straigt into the action, landed a 60cm sambo on the first cast, which fought all the way to the beach. He had some serious teeth marks just on the tail, my guess was a shark or a seal had had a go at him, anyway he went back to take his chances for another day.

Managed to land another salmon (about 50cm) and a small tailor before the sun came up and the bite dropped off.

The action was pretty hot for about an hour after first light, and then stopped pretty quickly, I saw plenty of other people hooked up while I was there....maybe I should have got up a bit earlier!

Stopped off at Mainbar flats for a quick flick with the SPs on the way home, to try and get a flattie or some whiting for the bbq, but not much seemed to be happening in that department, so called it a day.

Cheers

Si