Hawkesbury Squidgy Bream Comp

gibodfisho

Fished the Hawkesbury Bream comp on Saturday. There was a great turnout with 46 boats and 83 anglers. My prefish had not been fantastic but I had a loose game plan and with the slightly more relaxed atmosphere and fishing on my own I was out to have fun. From the start I had planned to use prawn style presentations and had Squidgy Flash Prawn flick bait rigged as I headed up river to Berowra. The first run was a shallow shaded bank in an area I had not seriosly fished or been into for a long time (exploring = fun). After a few snags I finally found range and a nice bream followed the flick bait and nailed it on the pause. The tide was still on the make and decided to explore further but with little action headed back to the same section of bank. The tide was now ebbing and the first presentation is taken on the drop, another keeper. Moving furher along a couple of undersize fish grab a twithching nipper. Reworking the same area I get another keeper and another rat. Now this is really getting fun, my first limit in a non social comp( this series being a 3 bag limit) and reasonable fish as well. The rest of he day I mixed it up with old and new spots, with the action being from dead to fast but all on smaller fish and flatties. I headed to the weigh in nowing I had fun and had learned a few things. There were some great Hawkesbury Bream caught from the racks and other areas not normally associated with tournament breamin. Biggest I saw was 1.44kg from memory. Cheers Dave Ps also fished lower reaches of Cowan afterwards and only managed two small flaties.

Guest fishrunner

Hooky and I managed to donut with only one undersize bream caught by Hooky

We did manage some flatties tailor a flounder and a small school jew

It was tough fishing for us as we dont know the river at all

Myself and Jewel don't know it enough either but managed 1 beam each, mine being 1.16kg which was nice :biggrin2:

Kept it respectable also released the usual flatties and a couple of undersized bream each as well!

:beersmile: To the next round I say

Myself and Jewel don't know it enough either but managed 1 beam each, mine being 1.16kg which was nice :biggrin2:

Kept it respectable also released the usual flatties and a couple of undersized bream each as well!

:beersmile: To the next round I say

:thumbup: great to see you guys in the points

:thumbup: great to see you guys in the points

Yeah, congrats to the guys who caught fish and to thoose who donuted I hope you had fun. 1.16kg fish is a ripper, what type of terrain did it come from. Dam I just realised I am bloody hooked on tournament fishin... again! :wacko:

Its bloody hard work in an unfamiliar system!!!

There were plenty of donuts up there!!!

What boat were you in Iceman?

We are in the 4.3 Fishrunner console "Jew In" come and say G'Day next round.

Its bloody hard work in an unfamiliar system!!!

There were plenty of donuts up there!!!

What boat were you in Iceman?

We are in the 4.3 Fishrunner console "Jew In" come and say G'Day next round.

I was in Hookys old quinnie and I did see your boat will come and say gday at the Georges

Guest fishrunner

Yeah, congrats to the guys who caught fish and to thoose who donuted I hope you had fun. 1.16kg fish is a ripper, what type of terrain did it come from. Dam I just realised I am bloody hooked on tournament fishin... again! :wacko:

Came off the deep ledges round the mouth of the cowan, we had a good day though the fishing was tough,

See how things pan out next round :biggrin2:

cheers