The Entrance

colq

Hi All,

Long time viewer first time poster!! Could anyone tell me if it is legal to use crabpots at The Entrance. I was fishing not far from the bridge when we got a nice blue swimmer on the line. I have never been crabbing before and was thinking about getting some crab pots and heading back up there this weekend.

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi All,

Long time viewer first time poster!! Could anyone tell me if it is legal to use crabpots at The Entrance. I was fishing not far from the bridge when we got a nice blue swimmer on the line. I have never been crabbing before and was thinking about getting some crab pots and heading back up there this weekend.

Any info would be appreciated.

Witches hats or drop nets are legal in Lake Macquarie not pots or any form of enclosed trap and I presume it would be the same for The Entrance but you can check the nsw fisheries site for more info.

Witches hats or drop nets are legal in Lake Macquarie not pots or any form of enclosed trap and I presume it would be the same for The Entrance but you can check the nsw fisheries site for more info.

Thanks for the headsup Diane,

I will check with the fisheries and see what they have to say. much appreciated.

Mate, :1welcomeani: to Fishraider. Crab traps are only permitted West of the Western tip of Pelican Island.

Flattieman.

Thanks for the :1welcomeani: and for the headsup Flattieman.... I headed up the Entrance Saturday afternoon, didn't do anygood, however, my Son jagged himself a nice flounder. Still tasted good on the BBQ :)