Embracing Change ..gawn

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

When it happened : that fateful night{cue violins } when the snyder was dragged into the depths by a fearsome beast{i had a mindfart and set my drag to tight..}god rest its soul

Ewan said I took it pretty well really....{ shock i reckon }

After speaking to some friends , raiders and saqa its time for a change and while i'll probably be picking up every snyder mt7144 i see for the rest of my life . An evil plan has been hatched to take revenge on the afore mentioned {fearsome beast} and an order for a spheros 14000 FA with upgrades is underway...

And Saqa of king rods has come to the party with some advice and a deal to good to refuse.... Wierd having all this stuff including new braid from a guy up north coming from all different directions..

And although i feel i lttle guilty for just moving on so soon... I'm sure thats what she would have wanted..

And i'm gonna be open minded try something new take some advice and embrace the change ,,, cos ya know , i'm a modern kinda guy. :biggrin2:

When it happened : that fateful night{cue violins } when the snyder was dragged into the depths by a fearsome beast{i had a mindfart and set my drag to tight..}god rest its soul

After speaking to some friends , raiders and saqa its time for a change and while i'll probably be picking up every snyder mt7144 i see for the rest of my life . An evil plan has been hatched to take revenge on the afore mentioned {fearsome beast} and an order for a spheros 14000 FA with upgrades is underway...

And Saqa of king rods has come to the party with some advice and a deal to good to refuse.... Wierd having all this stuff including new braid from a guy up north coming from all different directions..

And although i feel i lttle guilty for just moving on so soon... I'm sure thats what she would have wanted..

And i'm gonna be open minded try something new take some advice and embrace the change ,,, cos ya know , i'm a modern kinda guy. :biggrin2:

:thumbup: way to go Daniel :thumbup: . I admire your bravery to give mordern tech a go, could be just whats needed to stop that beastie

I felt sorry for you Daniel so i googled snyder mt7144 manly to see what is so special about this particular rod and to see if there are any available anywhere.

google came back with 2 pages, and none really matched what i was looking for so i refined the search to only searched mt7144

i did try - i will look in my old man's garage next time im there - he has hundreds of rods he picks up from garage sales

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

Guest danielinbyron

The thing about those blanks is they have personality and are just a little different... i could go and buy one and redo it like my old one but it wouldn't be quite the same...

i will get another one but I'll try something a little different first .

And as much as I'm commited to catch a jew on a feather i made myself and an alvey i've been watching thirty kg tuna raiding the water in front of my ledges :1yikes: and an alvey just isn't the gear.. plus trying something new turns a bad experience into a new experience.. maybe i'll never look back who knows.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

Hi Daniel,

i think you will really love the upgraded spheros, it is the best value for money reel in the shimano lineup behind the symetre. When i took mine apart i was thouroghly impressed by the level of waterproofing and engineering in such an inexpensive reel. The 14000FA will work very well with whatever braid you decide to use as it lays the line very very nicely...

Guest danielinbyron

Cheers and thanks for your advice as well Sam you made my mind up ..The deal i did is good i think . I get the mods installed and a service at dunphys , to make sure its all greased properly at no extra cost to the price of reel and parts ..$251.

After your advice i've decided to leave the handle for another time when the $ aren't on the runnout tide..

As per ususal the guys at Dunphys knew exactly what I wanted and agreed there is nothing better to do the job on the rocks. In fact thats what they employ ..Keeping in mind i may have to ditch fairly quickly if my Live bait goes off and that it is inevitable , that some contact will be made between the reel and the ledge along the way... The extra prettiness of more expensive reels won't last and this ones insides are all business ..

If i get more than 2 yrs out of a reel at this price i will be happy , and there is no reason why I won't .

A few more sleeps and it'll all be on . Got Ewan on board to get some footage together , lets hope the weather holds and the Tuna stick around. I want to get footage of follow ups and big popper slams.. And hopefully one of Saqas rods getting fully punished... :yahoo::yahoo:

Edited by danielinbyron