Finns

FletcherG1991

My 30lb fins on my charter special looks like brand new. Just re-rigged it yesterday for tomorow's trip and its great to see it in such good condition.

maybe you got a bad batch?

I wouldn't be worried unless it starts to get weak and breaks easily..who cares what color it is anyway...

My 30lb fins on my charter special looks like brand new. Just re-rigged it yesterday for tomorow's trip and its great to see it in such good condition.

maybe you got a bad batch?

I wouldn't be worried unless it starts to get weak and breaks easily..who cares what color it is anyway...

its not only the colour it is fraying it is digging into its self even when it is packed very hard on the spool it isn't casting as well

looks like another 35 bucks for a new spool

its not only the colour it is fraying it is digging into its self even when it is packed very hard on the spool it isn't casting as well

looks like another 35 bucks for a new spool

I have Finns on a few reels and some spools have faded but are still fine to use.

As for the digging in, what reel do you have it spooled on, not every reel can cope with braid.

I have Finns on a few reels and some spools have faded but are still fine to use.

As for the digging in, what reel do you have it spooled on, not every reel can cope with braid.

symetre 2500

ive had it packed down at the tackle shop on thursday so ill see if its still doing it again this arvo

That reel should have no trouble coping, but packing at the shop may not help, braids pack better wet..... not as well as mono but you do get a better result with wet braid.

You will also find if you are using very light weights that you may have to re tension the working part of your line fairly constantly........ I usually find if Im using 1/32nds or lighter on my bream gear I will need to retension the top 40 yards every 15-20 casts or the likelyhood of throwing loops and getting wind knots goes up dramatically.

Guest Big-Banana

This is why I was recommended TUF line, Ive had it for about a year and it hasn't lost its colour. Keep trying other brands till you find something better. Ive got a spool of Fins ready to be put on, so it'll be good to have a go.

Braid has such an understated breaking strain that a bit of "fluffing"shouldn't matter much at all. I find that with my braid lines, the salt builds up in the weave and causes it to fade/fluff. I don't worry about this much as it has never failed me.

Jewel's idea of tensioning the line is a good one otherwise you'll have a lot of issues especially if you are casting. ALso trolling and downrigging, got to be careful that the line is tensioned as it is put back onto the reel otherwise it will cut into the spool and lock up when that BIG fish hits. Cheers Kelvin