Still No Luck In Lcr

FletcherG1991

i have been fishing LCR for quite a while now with no luck at all

whilst i was there yesterday i came accross 2 people that where fishing from kayaks nd they said they had both caught 2 each ! and they where using the exact same lure as i was (black and red ausspins)

i have tried a a heap of different lures and different locations

is a kayak really the only way to catch these bass ?

and seeming as there is no fishing allowed down river is that where they go (stupid question but thats where i would go if i didn't want a hook in my mouth lol)

and i see carp swimming around all the time but no luck in catching them even in other places rather than LC

any help one these fish would be great as im rnning out of ideas on how to get them

cheers,

Fletcher

i have been fishing LCR for quite a while now with no luck at all

whilst i was there yesterday i came accross 2 people that where fishing from kayaks nd they said they had both caught 2 each ! and they where using the exact same lure as i was (black and red ausspins)

i have tried a a heap of different lures and different locations

is a kayak really the only way to catch these bass ?

and seeming as there is no fishing allowed down river is that where they go (stupid question but thats where i would go if i didn't want a hook in my mouth lol)

and i see carp swimming around all the time but no luck in catching them even in other places rather than LC

any help one these fish would be great as im rnning out of ideas on how to get them

cheers,

Fletcher

You have been fishing long enough to know "thats fishing". same lure, same place same time and same channel, but not same fish. Don,t let it put you off. every dog has his day. Yours will come.

Davo

ye i know that but what really get's to me is that the carp are just sitting there and can't be stuffed to cross the river to me lol

and would it be bass and/or ep that is crashing into schools of mullet ? or some other type of fish

oh well ill keep trying i gotta get a bass eventually(i was down there every day for a week for 2-3 hours a day late last month for squat)

ye i know that but what really get's to me is that the carp are just sitting there and can't be stuffed to cross the river to me lol

and would it be bass and/or ep that is crashing into schools of mullet ? or some other type of fish

It's a tough little waterway, and being land based makes it even tougher. Carp won't take lures as a general rule. You sometimes see the odd one taken, but it's more fluke than anything. Those mullet are crazy fish. Half the time I reckon they're being spooked by their mates, or just jumping for fun.

Have you been down there at dawn or dusk with surface lures? Also, if you aren't losing the odd lure to snags you're not getting close enough to the structure, whether it's snags or overhanging trees, or you're an expert caster. :1prop:

Good luck, Steve.

yep have tried morning afternoon dawn (went down that time today) dusk middel of the day for nothing

anyway this morning i was fishing spinnerbait (and tricked them up with a SP to see if that would make any difference) i got down there at about 6 and came home at about 11

lots of fish jumping and one big surface smash wich i am sure was a bass this time (99% sure anyway)

lots a spinnerbait and a surface lure in the last 2 days

even tried burleying up carp to see if i could get any on the SP

only a torise/turlte whatever there called

also do carp jump ?

i saw something huge jump about 3 time in a row all i could make out was that it had a redish back (it was a monster !)

anyway lots of fish busting the surface not sure what most of them would have been (different to the schools of mullet)

Edited by FletcherG1991

Haha, I know what you mean. Its strange how big even those tiny common garden skinks can sound when they rustle through leaves!!

ye ive been careful with them every little noise makes me stop walking lol turns out to be water dragon things and skinks 90% of the time

those water dragon things attack your lures

not good if you hook one :wacko:

I know you are probably a purist but when all else fails why don't you try bait fishing with shrimp or mudeyes or somthing like that.

davo

can't fish with bait there (although if i am getting rid of the carp i don't see why this would be a problem but rules are rules) only lures and fly's and C&R only (i don't think anyone would be stupid enough to keep anything from there :wacko: )

fletcher r u fishing above or below the wier, are you allowed to fish just under fullers bridge anymore?

i am fishing above the weir near fiddens warf rd

i have fished below the weir for nothing (might head down there when the weather cools down abit)

and yes you can fish under fullers rd bridge

god damn i want an EP or Bass out of there :074: