Cooks River, Sunday

james1990

Hi guys

Went out on sunday on the cooks river, lots of boat traffic and idiots excceding the speed limit.

Me and my mate were out in a 8 foot plastic boat orange hull blue seats, 2hp motor and scored a few quality fish all caught within 70 meters of the ooks main ramp.

2 tailor 36cm each

2 bream one 27cm and the other was 30cm

1 snapper at an amazing 37cm

1 flatty at approx 40cm

You dont need a big boat to catch fish.

We trolled around the boats and bridge pylons dropped to nice fish on sp's around the bridge closest to the rock break walls.

The tailor were caught on the troll around the old boats using a small halco diver about 4cm long black belly the rest was gold

The rest of the fish were caught around the ORANGE mooring closest to the ramp, give it a try sometime not a bad little spot but theres a few snags around and use burly and peeled pranws for bait.

cheers james

yes, from what i could see you guys really cleaned up!

the boat traffic was due to the impossible waters out from the break wall, so everyone stayed inside the cooks river.

Im sure u literally heard about my lost flathead at the boat (the whole cooks woulda heard it :mad3: ) also got a 27cm bream which i released.

I was there on saturday, and the same deal- alot of idiots speeding around, those jet skis really know how to annoy people.

Jet skis treat the cooks river boat ramp like a race track, something needs to be done, the majority of these blokes obviously dont seem to hold respect to fellow ramp users.

Run them over like speed humps i say

Hey!!!

I was near the bridge at the breakwall with Flattieman and George S. We saw you come out from under the bridge do a uturn and go back up. I was the fat indian standing on the breakwall. I have a plastic tub not that much bigger then yours with a 5hp and do quite well out of it

what time were u out there saqa? did u see a blue half cabin? navy canopy

pretty sure i saw george.s at the ramp when we were packing up

about midday. George was at the ramp having lunch with his kids. I didnt see your boat, you must have gone past when my back was turned

about midday. George was at the ramp having lunch with his kids. I didnt see your boat, you must have gone past when my back was turned

ah yep that was him, red ford falcon..

we were gone by 11 so thats why u didn't see us..

we had plans of chasing kings, and staying inside cooks was just a waste of time so we went home way early..

Hey!!!

I was near the bridge at the breakwall with Flattieman and George S. We saw you come out from under the bridge do a uturn and go back up. I was the fat indian standing on the breakwall. I have a plastic tub not that much bigger then yours with a 5hp and do quite well out of it

Hey, yeh we were doin a troll thats how we got the tailor and got a few hits to, you can get into alot of places with that boat. It isnt my boat its my mate's that was its maiden voyage, it handled well i was the red head driving it.

My boat is a haines hunter 580slf centercab with twin motors game fishing set up, brown sides cream hull and interior, if anyone sees me be sure to let me know.

cheers james

Edited by james1990

AAHHH the orange boat.....

Well you blokes done better than us.

I reckon i must of been looking at all you blokes & not recognised anyone...lol

I was there in my cream coloured quinnie - wastin' time

ahhh i knew i rememberd the name from somewhere!!

i remember laughing with me old man about your boat name, as that was exactly what we were doing because we couldn't get out into the bay.

You must of saw me? small blue half cabin with a merc on it?

ahhh i knew i rememberd the name from somewhere!!

i remember laughing with me old man about your boat name, as that was exactly what we were doing because we couldn't get out into the bay.

You must of saw me? small blue half cabin with a merc on it?

Yep i remember, we missed a great chance to have an unoffical social by the sounds of it.... :074:

As for my name - it is very very apt!!!

A good way to recognise domza's boat is the rego stickers are about half way between the bow and stern of the boat.

cheers james

:074::074: yes i know there in the wrong postion. They should be alot closer to the bow, might have to move them up to fit a fishraider sticker on