Shocker!

costello

Hi Raiders.

Headed up Hawkesbury,Cowan Sunday with a couple mates to wet a line. Put the boat in at A.T.B at about 7am and headed up the stream. Anchored up around from the Pill Box at West Head and burley'd up heavy. 20mins in start to think hmm don't feel to good (been on the turps the night before with the boys as the :wife: was interstate). Spend the next hour burleying up in a different manner if you know what i mean :puke: over the side of the boat, much to the joy of some passing boats who couldn't help but throw in a few smart arse remarks, cheers fella's :thumbup: would've done the same thing myself. Had a kip in the cabin and was ready to go again. Check on the boys to see how they're going, NOTHING! Not a bite in an an hour and a half, unbelievable! Even with the burley we usually grab at least a handful of babies but nothing. Decide to head down to the mouth of the Hawkesbury when my mate pipes up that he can't get the anchor up. Thinking he hasn't been eating his Weet Bix i stroll up and give it a yank, nothing! By then all three of us are on the end of it but to no avail! End up driving the boat cautiously over the anchor for what we thought was success until we got the anchor up to find the main frame bent like a rod with a 15kg Jew on the end.. Tried to anchor up at our next spot but the damn thing wouldn't take :ranting2: Tried a drift for squat so thought we'd head down to the flats in Cowan where there's no wind or current and the anchor was sure to hold which it did. Fished a couple of hours for some throw back Bream and a 40cm flathead which at least took care of my dinner for the evening. Some days it really does pay to stay in bed.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by costa