Saltist

FletcherG1991

can anyone give me some feedback on these reel (probably the 30 or 40 as i will be rnning 30lb braid on it)

it will be used as an all round heavyer line class rod (so jigging, bottom bashing, livebaiting for jewfish, trolling small skirts for striped tuna and dollies etc)

how is th drag on this reel and how do they perform after a few years (oviously taking care of them)

are they ok to cast with ? and some general feedback on them would be greatly appreciated

i know alot of you will probably say get a lever drag for trolling and live baiting but i can't find any that i like and this reel looks like a tough reel

also what rod should i match it with

Cheers,

Fletcher

Edited by FletcherG1991

Too much reel for dollies and stripies..... would want to be a good jew too give them grief too.

Have got 26lb of drag out of the 40.

They are only fairly new models so its anyones guess about a few years time..... but they are upper middle Daiwa so they should be fine.

Any overhead can be cast......... how good are you at casting? You want to use it off the beach and rocks or just toss livies away from the boat?

Why dont you duck in to one of the sponsors shops and have a chat......you will be able to feel the rods and decide wether they suit.

ill probably get the 30 then so i can cover more estuarie and small offshore species

ye casting livies out from the boat and large dead baits and stuff

i will have a look at one on thursday at work i just wanted to know how the perfrom whilst fishing rather than in a shop

it will be used minly for easturies (live baiting for jews and any other large fish in there) but for offshroe stuff aswell

so ye as ive said i just won't a god all round heavyer reel

Cheers,

Fletcher

Too much reel for dollies and stripies..... would want to be a good jew too give them grief too.

Have got 26lb of drag out of the 40.

They are only fairly new models so its anyones guess about a few years time..... but they are upper middle Daiwa so they should be fine.

Any overhead can be cast......... how good are you at casting? You want to use it off the beach and rocks or just toss livies away from the boat?

Why dont you duck in to one of the sponsors shops and have a chat......you will be able to feel the rods and decide wether they suit.

:dito: I chose a torsa ...as Jewel loved them as well. Now I am poor and broke but happy! Cheers Kelvin