Besides Lion Island - Where Else?

locodave

Hey Guys,

I normally go to lion island everytime I fish. Get some decent fish around there. I was just wondering if there are any other good spots around there?

Where abouts is west reef? Is it nearby? DOes it produce good fish?

Wouldn't mind getting some salmon or Kingfish.

Here are the co-ordinates i have for west reef, i'm sure others will be able to help

West Reef

S33 33 351 E 151 22 338

West Reef Wide

S33 33 816 E 151 21 904

Thanks for that Roy,

I will add them to my gps.

Once you get one you could do the same. :tease:

Maybe hook up with a fellow raider one day & use points on land???

Just a thought

West reef is easy to find as long as you have a sounder.

The transit is Mt ettalong water tower (big Blue water tank on hill) lined up with tip of box head.

Follow this transit out 1 nautical mile. The reef will appear on the sounder anywhere as shallow as 13m.

North Palm Beach beach will just come into visibility.

I only fish West reef in a North Easterly with a south running current. Otherwise you are fishing hard ground and just pick up rock cods, Sgts and wrasse etc. I am sure other guys will tell you they fish it in other conditions but then again you can find someone to tell you anything including who killed JFK.

I'll organise a trip with you some time if you want. My boat is only 13 ft so I need to really pick my days to go out there.

Good luck

Davo

Maybe hook up with a fellow raider one day & use points on land???

Just a thought

The transit is Mt ettalong water tower (big Blue water tank on hill) lined up with tip of box head.

Follow this transit out 1 nautical mile. The reef will appear on the sounder anywhere as shallow as 13m.

I only fish West reef in a North Easterly with a south running current. Otherwise you are fishing hard ground and just pick up rock cods, Sgts and wrasse etc. I am sure other guys will tell you they fish it in other conditions but then again you can find someone to tell you anything including who killed JFK.

I'll organise a trip with you some time if you want. My boat is only 13 ft so I need to really pick my days to go out there.

Good luck

Davo

Good luck

Davo

Just let me know when mate, I'm happy to go! You can jump on mine if you wish too! Thanks :)

LEt me know too pls

Locodave and waistintime. where are you guys from. I launch at ettalong usually. I am good weekdays and weekends am or pm. Any night when it isn't forcast to blow more than about 15 knots would be good.

Davo

Locodave and waistintime. where are you guys from. I launch at ettalong usually. I am good weekdays and weekends am or pm. Any night when it isn't forcast to blow more than about 15 knots would be good.

Davo

Mate,

I am from Penrith and usually launch @ Parsley Bay.

Sorry mate have that bloody life interuption during the week - work, but can manage either sat or sun.

Paul (Rzep) you interested in catching up with loco & DV8 too?

Edited by Wastin Time

post-2707-1164946388_thumb.jpg

Mate,

I am from Penrith and usually launch @ Parsley Bay.

Sorry mate have that bloody life interuption during the week - work, but can manage either sat or sun.

Paul (Rzep) you interested in catching up with loco & DV8 too?

To you guys wandering where west reef is

Here are the marks (no.1)

WEST REEF

Water Tank above Pearl beach Visible around Box Head.

North palm beach obscured by Barrenjoey.

I usually fish the most southerly point of it in a Nor Easter

Hope this helps and we can catch up soon. wouls love to come out with you in a slightly bigger boat than my own.

Davo

Sorry guys

When I looked at the scan online it looks pretty crap. Send us a PM and we can catch up and exchange phone numbers. Will not be online now until MONday morning so have a good weekend fishing. The forecast does not look good so stay inside.

Davo

Here are the co-ordinates i have for west reef, i'm sure others will be able to help

West Reef

S33 33 351 E 151 22 338

West Reef Wide

S33 33 816 E 151 21 904

Hey WT I like it when you guys put in some reference points in for me to see where you guys are fishing.

I looked up your GPS marks...(bottom right corner) on my PC program and that is the cursor position.

I have often wondered how accurate it is.........I guess the program must be accurate ...the GPS unit is what varies :wacko: , I think I may finally be working it out

post-133-1165005117_thumb.jpg

Roy,

I am always happy to tag along if invited.

IF INVITED......cmon now MATE!!!!!

Loco & DV8 will contact via PM on monday, & the 4 of us can hook up if the wind wants to let us.....

Glad the :wife: said NO fishing this weekend - looking at the forecast

BTW Clutch at least you'll know where you're fishin' when you get over here

Edited by Wastin Time

Hey Guys,

Will be good to head out some time all together! Who ever wants to join in :)

Lets see how this weekend looks with the wind? It's meant to be sunny!

Yeah I am keen as. If the sea is too big for my boat I may be looking for a ride though.

davo