Manly Dam ?

FletcherG1991

Gday mate, i use to go their quite a bit, its very hard to find big bass there as the majority are small. However there are plenty in there its just a matter of finding them. Other species that i've come across are carp (you can actually see their tails of a morning up on the surface as well as bass) and smallish redfin are their in significant numbers.

Although ive never come across one, a while ago there was some mention of a yellowbelly being caught in their and even a trout :wacko: . The first time i heard that a trout was caught in there i was a bit edgy about it but everyone to their own i guess.

We caught most of our bass on small spinnerbaits and the majority of the carp and redfin were caught on 3" stickbaits.

DAN

by small bass how small do you meen (not that im fussed at the moment i just want to get one of the buggers)

im guessing that the water is way to poluted to eat the fish out of there

is it fine to fish LB like are there plenty of spots that you can fish ?

i have heard about the yellow belly and silver perch before but a trout ..... that would be on heel of a shock

by small bass how small do you meen (not that im fussed at the moment i just want to get one of the buggers)

im guessing that the water is way to poluted to eat the fish out of there

is it fine to fish LB like are there plenty of spots that you can fish ?

i have heard about the yellow belly and silver perch before but a trout ..... that would be on heel of a shock

I heard about 20 years ago some trout were released in manly dam though cannot find any evidence through NSW fisheries. It would be one of those originally released and one definietly old and confused trout wondering what the hell he was doing in Manly Dam. if anyone can fill in the picture we would all appreciate it.

Davo

There were 6000 bass released in 02. they should be pretty big by now.

Fished Manly dam in a comp a few years ago with prizes etc for the biggest and most carp. It was basically a carp cull. I was amazed at how few fished were caught all up. Pretty disapointing. Cant remember any decent size bass being landed.

Fished Manly dam in a comp a few years ago with prizes etc for the biggest and most carp. It was basically a carp cull. I was amazed at how few fished were caught all up. Pretty disapointing. Cant remember any decent size bass being landed.

They had a comp. at parramatta river on nov 4. (couple of weeks age) - there would have been about 100 people there fishing for 3 hours - 2 fish caught around 4kg.

the council had promoted it a fair bit in the local paper with prizes etc. they said there were about 2 thousand carp in that section (400 metres long by 40metres wide) :wacko:

By small i mean around 20-30cm, never pulled anything bigger than that however the carp get pretty big. There are plenty of landbased locations and plenty of water to be fished.

I've alwaiis wondered what fishing the waterfall would be like?? Anyone done it? We walked for about 30 mins before giving up on it.

Let us know how you go, id be interested to know how its fishing atm..

DAN