Cruisecraft Lazer 5.2 Mtr (low On Power?)

Rob McConnell

Hi

Need some help with my boat, I have a CruiseCraft Lazer 5.2 meter Halfcabin. The boat has an Evinrude 115hp (1995) on the back.

It seems really low on power to me, it runs a 17 inch prop and I have put the hydro foils on to help it plane. We recently rebuilt it, but had it tuned by a mechanic as we could not get the hang of the timing.

With 3 people in the boat it takes about 20 seconds to get on the plane, we went out skiing the other day and to pull a girl up out of the water on 2 skis it took about 30 seconds to get on the plane (really struggled), once it is on the plane its fine and will get up to 35 mph. It just seems to lack torque.

If anyone has had a similar boat and can tell me if this is normal, I would really appreciate it. I have had yamaha's 115 and 140 before they seem to produce lots of power even on a boat this size.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

I have a 5.8m center cabin Haines, rig on the trailer is round 2 ton. I have a Yam 150, had a 2stroke with a foil, the boat leapt out of the water.

Put a 4stroke on this yr and still very happy with out of the hole performance, not quite like the pop of the 2 but quite adquete.

Jon

Hi

Need some help with my boat, I have a CruiseCraft Lazer 5.2 meter Halfcabin. The boat has an Evinrude 115hp (1995) on the back.

It seems really low on power to me, it runs a 17 inch prop and I have put the hydro foils on to help it plane. We recently rebuilt it, but had it tuned by a mechanic as we could not get the hang of the timing.

With 3 people in the boat it takes about 20 seconds to get on the plane, we went out skiing the other day and to pull a girl up out of the water on 2 skis it took about 30 seconds to get on the plane (really struggled), once it is on the plane its fine and will get up to 35 mph. It just seems to lack torque.

If anyone has had a similar boat and can tell me if this is normal, I would really appreciate it. I have had yamaha's 115 and 140 before they seem to produce lots of power even on a boat this size.

Thanks

Rob

I'm not 100% sure why your boat is struggling because I think the engine is adequate for the size, but have you tried fiddling with the trim as this can change the performance of a boat considerably.

Also are you carrying unessasry weight - it may seem obvious but when you think about it some of the junk you end up carrying does weigh something????

Hi

Thanks

Rob

4 stroke??

Where are your fuel tank/s????

Sure as shit, if they are in the arse end of ya boat that will be the problem.

I agree with ETTY, get the weight up into the nose of the boat and it will plane quicker every time.

Nathan

Edited by njsconst