Dee Why Beach

henryinnis

Hi everyone,

Just signed up and this is my first report. A few weekends ago, went out to Dee WHy on a charter to go for Salmon and Jewies of the beach. Cast out, adn WHAM! Something big grabs onto the gangs. Start reeling in, light drag, no line pulled out, thought must be a tailor. GUiding the line in on my Alvey, and suddenly, twenty metres of line rips off the reel and burns my fingers :mad3: .

I look down, and the spool is tangled. After hurrying to untangle it, thinking the fish must be off, I finally start pulling again. I got him in the surf, and he takes another run. Finally get him in, and after a 5 minute fight, an 80cm, 4kg Salmon is at my feet. :1yikes::biggrin2: . Very Happy. Had a jewie 2 but he busted off.

DOes anyone know a good spot to catch yakka's. My spot has been banned by the fisheries, so I need to find a landbased spot for my bait!

henners

ps will post pics once i get them off the camera!

Hi everyone,

Just signed up and this is my first report. A few weekends ago, went out to Dee WHy on a charter to go for Salmon and Jewies of the beach. Cast out, adn WHAM! Something big grabs onto the gangs. Start reeling in, light drag, no line pulled out, thought must be a tailor. GUiding the line in on my Alvey, and suddenly, twenty metres of line rips off the reel and burns my fingers :mad3: .

I look down, and the spool is tangled. After hurrying to untangle it, thinking the fish must be off, I finally start pulling again. I got him in the surf, and he takes another run. Finally get him in, and after a 5 minute fight, an 80cm, 4kg Salmon is at my feet. :1yikes::biggrin2: . Very Happy. Had a jewie 2 but he busted off.

DOes anyone know a good spot to catch yakka's. My spot has been banned by the fisheries, so I need to find a landbased spot for my bait!

henners

ps will post pics once i get them off the camera!

gday mate, welcome to FR!

thats one hell of a salmon, looking forward to seeing the pics!

dave