Flats Fun @ Berowa Creek

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

After watching AFC round 1 I could not resist having a crack at my own Hawkesbury Bream.

After finally getting my young daughter and :wife: off to sleep I snuck down to crosslands for a flats session. On the way 'punter' brought up his ton :biggrin2: and i was feeling good rigging up a Watermelon BM on a 1/32 jig. When i reached the water i found the tide was still running out at 4pm, talk about slow!!.

Anyway there were still many boils and baitfish so i waded out and cast into the deepest part along the weed edges. The hits came thick and fast but mostly from the small baitfish, then a series of 6" flatties engulfed my 3" BM (gotta love flatties for their guts), after releasing 4 i changed to a 2" gulp minnow p/seed and soon had my first bream for the session at 27cm :thumbup: He was released

post-2475-1165178207_thumb.jpg

Then as time was running out a good flatty nailed my BM and went hard in the shallow water tearing off drag, eventually she settled down for a few pics, and i sent for on her way. She measured 55cm :thumbup: .

post-2475-1165178222_thumb.jpg

All in all a top little session so close to home :1fishing1:

Nice fish.

We've tried Crosslands a few times but without much success.

Obviously we didn't try hard enough.

Actually we were up the Hawkesbury end of Berowra on the weekend but went home empty handed.

Generally, though, I like that stretch of water.

Geoff

Nice fish.

We've tried Crosslands a few times but without much success.

Obviously we didn't try hard enough.

Actually we were up the Hawkesbury end of Berowra on the weekend but went home empty handed.

Generally, though, I like that stretch of water.

Geoff

It took me a while to find a decent spot, I have probably walked upstream and downstream 3km searching for likely water. I find that the muddy flats with structure (weed, rocks)fish the best and on a a falling tide.

There are also a few rock platforms i like to fish that are quite deep and hold a few suprises.

I look forward to exploring more once the Yak is purchased. :biggrin2:

BM

• 2 weeks later...