Kingies At Sydney Harbour Help?

djmint83

G'day all. im new to this site well actually i have been reading peoples reports since the start of spring and have always thought of posting my fishing reports and also have a few questions. well it was october the 28th 06' and i was using plastics for the second time. i caught two nice kingies..(next to goat island) one 80cm and the other 74cm. i went back again and tryed my luck and caught another on the plastic (around 74cm). but ever since; i have gone back a few times and nuthin. not even a bite. i was told that the bait fish have moved back upstream as the water temp is warmer and the kings have moved up with em.

i will post up a pic of the catch but i also wanted to ask a few questions.

1. i found a spot at wedding cake to catch some yakkas and thats fine but squid is my worst nightmare. i have caught only one im my fishing career so i would like to ask were can i get some decent squid for bait in the harbour and wat colour jig and size should i use?

2. this might be a stupid question but wen u bottom bash.. wat jig do would you use? (sinker,swivel, trace and hook((for sqwid or yakkas))? or somethin else?

3. also trolling around north head a good spot to bottom bash? if nt were else?

hope to get answers soon as im hopin to go out on saturday morning. and its good to be part of the team.

post-2992-1165224453_thumb.jpg

Edited by kinghunter

G'day all. im new to this site well actually i have been reading peoples reports since the start of spring and have always thought of posting my fishing reports and also have a few questions. well it was october the 28th 06' and i was using plastics for the second time. i caught two nice kingies..(next to goat island) one 80cm and the other 74cm. i went back again and tryed my luck and caught another on the plastic (around 74cm). but ever since; i have gone back a few times and nuthin. not even a bite. i was told that the bait fish have moved back upstream as the water temp is warmer and the kings have moved up with em.

i will post up a pic of the catch but i also wanted to ask a few questions.

1. i found a spot at wedding cake to catch some yakkas and thats fine but squid is my worst nightmare. i have caught only one im my fishing career so i would like to ask were can i get some decent squid for bait in the harbour and wat colour jig and size should i use?

2. this might be a stupid question but wen u bottom bash.. wat jig do would you use? (sinker,swivel, trace and hook((for sqwid or yakkas))? or somethin else?

3. also trolling around north head a good spot to bottom bash? if nt were else?

hope to get answers soon as im hopin to go out on saturday morning. and its good to be part of the team.

Hi mate,

To answer a few questions for ya. At the moment there are a good number of kings through out the harbour system. Some of the boys are doing great with the middle harbour Kings. A mate of mine was out on Saturday and landed a few kings fishing shark island in the harbour and proceeded to troll up some speciemens at North head all the way down to Bluefish Pt outside.

I too haven't had much sucess with squid in the harbour lately. Places like Obelisk bay near middle head and near balmoral. Normally I use a a variety of jigs when going for squid the bigger sizes in green or pink and a the smallest orange jig placed on a paternoster bouncing along the bottom.

The rig I use when bottom bashing for kings is a large bean sinker in between to barrel swivels and a trace of around 75 cm to a 6/0 mustad hoodlum . I quite often bottom bash with that rig up close to the Bouy near Quarantine but beware its a bit snaggy.

Cheerz,

Mitch