Thanks Saqa..

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

Xmas came early for me yesterday , after the losing my rod debarcle , Saqa suggested taking a new approach and that he had something in store ... It arrived yesterday in the post and no sooner had i broken in to the packaging and removed it the new reel also :thumbup: arrived... :yahoo:

happy days...

Fully psyched i went and picked up 600yrds 50ld tuff braid and got it all prepped..

Rohit and I have been chatting about this rod and what it was that i needed from a rod and what i loved about my RIP Snyder..

A rare no wind day today and i took it for its debut in punishment at the cape. Unfortunately the fish hadn't been notified and it was quiet for a while , Ewan got a tailor , we shifted Ewan got smashed and broken off, pointed to the spot for me and I hooked up to a very feisty trev and it was on.. It went hard around bombees, in close, big currents helping it ..king tides and...

Everything did what it should ,the upgraded spheros was smooth as butter, and tough as nails , the rod was super responsive and tough , a very much tighter curve than what I'm accustomed to . But with a fish on the most outstanding difference was the way the movement of the fish was telegraphed, every head shake was really evident in the tip and in my hands.

Ewan asked if he should get the gaff , which was quite some distance away by this time , the fish was buggered and maybe 4kg+ and the rod lifted it without a complaint..

The main difference for me with the blank was in the casting, a totally different action to the 7144, all the work seems to be done by the tip , and there was very little difference between a heaving throw and a flick the 85gram blade just sored into the distance.. Flick , light a smoke , have a bit of a scratch and look around, crack ya knuckles , and wait for the blade to land .. 80-110meters easy. This action will be great for my Artharitis a heap less strain for the distance on my back and particularly on the wrists.

Thing is I don't know that much about the blank ..but i know a bloke who does

SAQA = GENIUS

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thanks mate ..v tired, sleep now back at'em this arvo...hopefully some pics..

:thumbup: Good action there Daniel :thumbup: . I am pleased that your reaction was positive after being so used to the traditional beach/rock rods. Give the rod a good flogging and let me know how it goes.

Raiders

The rod is a KR LONGTAIL 110H-2. 11 feet of high-grade graphite meant for distance casting and putting the brakes on. The blank is rated 20-40lb by the manufacturer and makes into an awesome LBG, HSS or jew rod. This one is available in all reel formats and componentry can be of any level you wish but I recommend a heavy-duty reel seat with machined alloy hoods and the best guides that can fit the budget.

I didn’t get a chance to take any pics as I had little time to drop it to the freight people but I am sure Daniel will add some action shots soon

I didn’t get a chance to take any pics as I had little time to drop it to the freight people but I am sure Daniel will add some action shots soon

here a few pics i snapped off dan hooking into tailor with his new rod.

dan.gif

- you can actually see dans face loose interest when he realises its just a lousy stinky tailor:

I fished for 2-3hours this morning with my trusty 7 wrap multi tapered schneider (spell?) flicking out 85 gram blades as far as possible to cover the most of the bomby strewn reefy n sandy area we were fishing. I've learnt I get the best distance if I absoliutely heave and heft really hard. Mostly I cast good but when it goes wrong it really can be nasty!

Anyway, finally Dan offers me a flick with the new rod whcih from the moment I handle it is silk. If this rod can handle being battered around oin the rockjs a bit themn im up for one. It was so light compared to the fibreglass shneids whjich i love but seemed really strong and i was impressed watching dan rope up a solid trevally.

The trevs here seem to be getting wider and ther tails bigga as the seasoin progresses, the last one i got a few days ago was a 5minute ledge hoping head thumping battle of will.

Anyway, exciting stuff as I have never used anything like this rod for rock fishing in reasonably hostile conditions. It kind of reminds me of the new jig sticks light weight and really thin and tough but built for rock or beach fishing. well made Saqa, i might be next on the custom order list!!

Guest fishrunner

Looks good, :biggrin2:

In the photo I can't even see the rod gettin bent much :biggrin2: even when the tailor was lifted up!, Must have a fair bit of strength :thumbup:

Good on ya Saqa , more happy customers by the sounds of it :beersmile::beersmile:

Guest danielinbyron

EVIL: No mate, i had so much ¢a$h caught on the runnout tide i held back on the handle...Saqa pretty much gave me the Rod as a demo as he thought I'd like it if I tried it and some joker ordered it and didn't pick it up, I payed postage and left a small deposit..and we agreed on a replacement price...Now I'm going to put it through some paces and work out what i would change if I get him to build one...Its a bit like pimp my rod and pimp my spheros :biggrin2: I noticed you got a spheros pimped , they're pretty amazing and remarkably smooth , I'll have to make sure I don't lock up too much drag on this one or a biggen would rip it out of my hands

Glad that you like the new rod, mate. I went along with Saqa to test the blank - it does cast like a dream. :thumbup: We did get a few funny looks from people wondering why Saqa was casting a huge, hookless slug in the estuary. :biggrin2: Now... it's time to haul in the thing that took the snyder! :yahoo:

Flattieman.