Water Temp Report Sydney Coastal

Assassin

Im not sure if this is useful for anyone, but ill post anyway.

I have access to up to date Sea surface Temp charts, so here is a quick up date for the raiders.

Sea surface temps within the 40k range off botany bay are around the 19 degree mark, warmer currents are

of approx 20-21 degrees are within the 40-50 k mark.

Temps reach 24 degrees but you will need to travel atleast 80k, s for this water.

However temps of 20 -22 degrees are north of the Hawkesbury heads and right up close against the coast.

South------Wollongong is a large patch of warmer water approx 35k,s out to sea, the temps here are approx 21 degrees.

If this info is any good let me know..... im happy to make regular water temp reports

Guest Sea Jay

Im not sure if this is useful for anyone, but ill post anyway.

I have access to up to date Sea surface Temp charts, so here is a quick up date for the raiders.

Sea surface temps within the 40k range off botany bay are around the 19 degree mark, warmer currents are

of approx 20-21 degrees are within the 40-50 k mark.

Temps reach 24 degrees but you will need to travel atleast 80k, s for this water.

However temps of 20 -22 degrees are north of the Hawkesbury heads and right up close against the coast.

South------Wollongong is a large patch of warmer water approx 35k,s out to sea, the temps here are approx 21 degrees.

If this info is any good let me know..... im happy to make regular water temp reports

Assassin mate i would love to know where you get this info from PM me if you can.

Thanks mate

They ok, they need to be more specific, like where are the temp breaks of only a few degrees, where do the eddies form? You can have current lines etc, but thats not all you look for! The Csiro chart is great as it shows eddies, the MHL one is pretty spot on most of the time if there is no cloud cover.

I mean thanks for letting us know, but you say 20km then 40km, in which direction?east north east, south est, where does one start and finish etc. For us game fishos it must be more specific then that if it is to be more useful than the sites i just mentioned. Not having a go, just trying to get the most out of you. :1prop:

I was just giving people a general idea of what the water temps were doing, for example you would not go chasing Marlin at browns in 19 degree water- so basically is was just an overview so people can get a general idea of what the northern currents were doing

But for your info latitiude 33,58,11 "s and Longitude 151,55,37"e -------> temperature break 19.4 degrees to 22.5 degrees. 61.33 kilometers straight of botany bay :thumbup:

Edited by Assassin

Guest Big-Banana

I was just giving people a general idea of what the water temps were doing, for example you would not go chasing Marlin at browns in 19 degree water- so basically is was just an overview so people can get a general idea of what the northern currents were doing

But for your info latitiude 33,58,11 "s and Longitude 151,55,37"e -------> temperature break 19.4 degrees to 22.5 degrees. 61.33 kilometers straight of botany bay :thumbup:

Thats where Iam off too. Cheers! :thumbup: