Fish Finders - Colour Or B/w

BrettP

Hi all,

Just after some advice on fish finders. I have a cheap and nasty at the moment, and need to upgrade. Just wondering what the preferances are, colour or black and white, and some reccomendations on brand etc. Probably looking at around $500 mark.

Hi all,

Just after some advice on fish finders. I have a cheap and nasty at the moment, and need to upgrade. Just wondering what the preferances are, colour or black and white, and some reccomendations on brand etc. Probably looking at around $500 mark.

colour finder with duel transducer and brands like furuno and garmin are some of the "better" ones

theres so many out there just do ur research first mate.

i think for a general all purpose "góod" sounder u might need to beef ur budget up to 800-1000

some really good units can be found on the net... mate if u look back a page or 2 ull see a thread

started by me and it was bout fishings/gps look back at it theres 30 or 40 replys and PLENTY of

advice and even a link to an ovaseas agent that sells them...

cheers and good luck

steve :1fishing1:

As with most things , you get what you pay for. While for some people , a cheaper monochrome display is perfectly adequate , others require more power / features . You wont get $1200 performance with a $600 unit , but if that is all you can afford , you learn to live with it !!

Ross

As with most things , you get what you pay for. While for some people , a cheaper monochrome display is perfectly adequate , others require more power / features . You wont get $1200 performance with a $600 unit , but if that is all you can afford , you learn to live with it !!

Ross

Thanks for the advice guys and I will look into it.

Cheers

Brett