Botany Bay Kingfish

Thunder

A friend of one of my workers caught 2 Hoodlams in Botany Bay on the weekend with the biggest being 26kg.

He caught them live baiting just around the corner from the Container Terminal wall.

Not sure of the rest of the details, but thought everyone would be interested in hearing the news.

Cheers

Greg

hmmm, sorry, but i will struggle to believe this until pics are produced..

there is always a plethora of boats live baiting in the location you have described, and even then legal kings are few and far between... 26kg of king is a BIG bad fish, somethning that would SMOKE YOU in botany bay even if you were using the very finest 100lb jig or 130lb game tackle

having said the above, i would love to be proven wrong, but i honestly think you are having your leg pulled.

Hi to all,

I have fished that spot a lot of times - the largest fish I have heard of is 12 kg - caught by

a Sth african guy who fly fishes for them in a canoe. In saying that - I have never pulled up

a fish there under the legal size. I have also hooked up on a fish that dragged a tiny about 20

meters before ending up on the stones. And it was not my boat - it grabbed another boats anchor

roaps - I was fishing 50 pund braid and 100 pound leader. I have also heard of large fish being

caught around bare island frequently.

I have called a mate called Boris who claims he ran out of bait fishing in botany so he ganged up his lunch and pulled out a 18kg blue fin tuna, he swears they love Hungarian salami

no bullshit

ill ask him to post the photos

I have called a mate called Boris who claims he ran out of bait fishing in botany so he ganged up his lunch and pulled out a 18kg blue fin tuna, he swears they love Hungarian salami

no bullshit

ill ask him to post the photos

:wacko:

Do not dismiss any reports ever unless you are 100 % sure of your facts.

If this fellow says he got that fish of a lifetime thats his business and till proven otherwise and he doesnt have to prove a thing as some days you get just that little bit lucky and the fishing gods smile upon you :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

thanks Stewy I was just about to say the same but you beat me to it. I really thought all this shit had stopped.