Central Coast Action

kevvie

Hi Raiders, been a long time since i last posted a report, work commitments permitting.

I have been committed to my fishing though, just no time to tell you the juice.

Anyway without further delay, i took a long anticipated trip to the central coast on the weekend. It was the terriblr trio back in action again, my pop, dad and me. I do love these trips with the old fellas cause only time will tell when they will cease (touch wood).

Our plan was to pump some nippers and let pop loose on the whiting population on the beach while dad and i flicked for some flatties in the lake. You know sp's are popular and effective when dad chooses to flick lures over soaking baits for whiting. He's come a long way. Apart from pop giving us a bit of a headache early things were going to plan.

The run out had a bit to go and the flatties were on the job. They were in tight schools so they were easy to target. We put half a dozen in the kill tank and continued to have some fun C&R style. The tide turned and we followed the dirty water line as it made its way back up the lake. We effectively extended our bite for a couple of hours doing this and caught our biggest fish in doing so. A 75cm and 70cm were taken in 1 and a half meters of water right where the water clarity changed.

The wind picked up and fishing became quiet. With about 30 odd fish caught we had a great session. But things were still to come.

Pop was forced off the beach by the northerly but had 7 bumper whiting to show for his trouble. We tried to convince him to flick lures but the old salt would have none of that mumbo jumbo. He forced, i should say convinced, us to anchor on a sand bar in the lake so he could fish for whiting while dad and i flicked. One of my pet hates is flicking from an anchored boat. How can you argue with your pop??

The tide was finishing coming in and the water was gin clear. I felt very unconfident with the situation but a couple whiting keep us interested. Then the most damned thing started to happen. My pop, still using his 10ft beach rod outta my boat, with a twin hook rig started to jig his bait as if using an sp. One after an other he started laying into flatties using this telegraph pole. I was gobsmacked. The lures couldnt raise a bite but the fresh nippers were killing em.

Not to be outdone dad and i started to put nippers on our jig heads and flicked. The results were instantaneous. Flatties seemed everywhere, even to the point where my pop hooked two flatties at once on his twin hook rig. He was calling it for a stingray and we were so surprised to see two lizards surface. Greedy barstards. The tide murked up the water by now and the fished rolled in. We estimated over 60 flatties caught for the day. Just unbelieveable. Our best day on flatties ever. Mix in a dozen whiting and we were one very happy camp. The Central Coast seems to be in good hands at the moment.

Sweet day.....

Guest fishrunner

Good on ya Kevvie :thumbup: ,

It's great to hear ya going fishin with the 3 generations in the boat :thumbup:

I get fishin with my dad once in a while but haven't been able to get pop out for a while now :(

They were great times. Good to hear you had a cracka of a session :biggrin2: with quite a few vnice size flatties as well

cheers :beersmile:

Good on ya Kevvie :thumbup: ,

It's great to hear ya going fishin with the 3 generations in the boat :thumbup:

I get fishin with my dad once in a while but haven't been able to get pop out for a while now :(

They were great times. Good to hear you had a cracka of a session :biggrin2: with quite a few vnice size flatties as well

cheers :beersmile:

I gotta admit i love these days with the old coots. 3 very different humours makes for a great day.