The Basin

Piss'n'Broke

Hey All

Myself an my brother are heading up to "The Basin" near West Head in Pittwater for a few long, relaxing days of :1fishing1::1fishing1: with maybe a few :beersmile: thrown in as well....

Anyhow my question is I know you can get squid from the Basin, and West head sometimes, is there anywhere else we can gather bait???

Cheers

Dan.

PS Dont mind if the bait isnt squid, ie yakkas, etc. Thanks :1prop:

Hey All

Myself an my brother are heading up to "The Basin" near West Head in Pittwater for a few long, relaxing days of :1fishing1::1fishing1: with maybe a few :beersmile: thrown in as well....

Anyhow my question is I know you can get squid from the Basin, and West head sometimes, is there anywhere else we can gather bait???

Cheers

Dan.

PS Dont mind if the bait isnt squid, ie yakkas, etc. Thanks :1prop:

Hi fellas, there were heaps of yakkas about 20 metres east of the pillbox at West Head last monday. They were massing around the boat like flies. I got about 20 in 5 mins. Burley up and you are away.

Pete.

Up the back of the Basin (South West) there is a small beach - off there are weed beds - will find squid there, but is a very busy spot on weekends.

I think you will have better luck in the next bay/beach south - Mackeral Beach - Just north of the moored boats in about 2-3 metres you will find squid -

other locations -

north side of scottland near the red marker - but be carfull lots of submerged rocks

Palm Beach - inside of Barranjoey Head

Any bay with weed & sand

Thanks Pete

Do you berley them up with bread as normal, or use other methods? :1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Thanks Dan

Dan,

The way Terry(Kingy) taught me was just very mushed up bread in half a bucket of sea water (almost like soup) and a few drops of tuna oil. Not too much or they'll go off the bite.

Thanks Terry, it worked a treat last Monday.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete