New Pb

Davemmm

I had no fishing planned this weekend until :wife: anounced at 9.30 last that Sundays commitments were off.

No bait nothing prepared. A quick look through the freezer revealed 1/2 a salted Tailor fillet and about 50g of long forgotten chicken gut. Dissapointing so the decission is made to fish Port Hacking as at least i can get nippers.

The day started poorly by sleeping through the alarm. This meant the only fishing would be done on the ebb. I have never found the hacking very productive on the run out let alone on a small tide like this morning. Head out anyway!

Three drifts over Gunnamatta weed beds with the chicken gut produce three silver bream all going exactly 20cm. :ranting2: Floating unweighted gut also got me a seagull but fortunately he spat it out. :074:

A move to the channel produced two undersize flatties on the tailor. Further down the deeper water off Mainbar produced three tiny reddies. :ranting2::ranting2:

Frustrated I slip around into Lilli Pilli and find the reddies have followed (three more).

At this stage I decided that it was time to get nippers(they must break the drought).

The Soueaster proved to work well by sending me straight down the flat and over the hole on the western bank of Mainbar. This usally produces but today........zip.

I then went over to the drop off from the flats and managed to score another three bream with none of them going over 15cm. :1badmood:

Things being grim I headed out to the front and proceded to fish around the point at Bundeena. One flathead 30cm, one tiny whitting and the shits.

One final cast produced a reasonable bream going 29cm but rather than spoil a perfect day I gave him back to Neptune.

Should have listened to my first thoughts -crap size tide + run out + early morning + Port Hacking= NO FISH

Dave

On ya Dave, at least you gave it a shot.

Some days are gems, others just rocks. :05:

A day on the water was still probably preferable to mowing lawns and doing domestic rubbish like I had.

Hope you do better next outing.

Cheers,

Pete.

On ya Dave, at least you gave it a shot.

Some days are gems, others just rocks. :05:

A day on the water was still probably preferable to mowing lawns and doing domestic rubbish like I had.

Hope you do better next outing.

Cheers,

Pete.

Funny you say that Pete I was just thinking the best part of the day was drifting off Bundeena watching two blokes mow their back lawns :1prop::1prop:

Bad luck on the fish front mate,

Next time instead of giving ur fish back to Neptune,

try giving them to Posiedon he will reward u with bigger fish :074:

:beersmile: penguin

I used send all my sacrifices to Posiedon but it didnt work so I updated from the Greeks to the Romans. :074::074:

I think I've caught Dave's disease!!!

Went down to Narra Lake at 4pm for a 2 hour session and scored 2 just legal flatties and 23 underweight bream (all released as per usual).

I thought I'd get at least one decent sized fish as it looked just perfect down there today.

Oh well, at least I got to stand by the water again. Beats the hell out of being nagged at home.

:08:

Cheers,

Pete

Nah, she doesn't need an excuse for that. :1fish::mattarello:

Neither of us are big fish eaters anyhow, but I do like flounder mostly and will always keep one for me when I get 'em.

It was just so tranqil down there this arvo. A pity it had to end.

Pete.

Just ran into a mate who went out in Botany Bay this morn.

He thanked me for spruiking how I had been getting a few bream lately at the logs near Kurnell.

It seems he and another bloke had come home with six big bream between them.

I picked the wrong damn direction again...........

Dave