Land Locked

adjustedpete

This is my first post since finding this site. I live on the northern beaches and have just started fishing. Haven't had much luck till I started reading this forum. Used to use servo bait and all. Went down to coal aand candle yesterday morning early after pumping yabbies at Bayview the night before.I thought I would take the last of the pilchards left in the freezer. Berlied up with chicken pellets and some old tua oil i had saved for the occasion. Sat down for a smoke thinking same ole same ole, little realizing that this was going to be something quite different. I started using the yabbies for a start getting the usual, nothing bigger than the palm of your hand. for some reason I looked at the pilchards and thought, what the heck. From that moment all hell broke loose. First cast out and I was hooked up, and let me tell you that with a light bream rod, I got the fright of my life. This thing was just stripping line off me. I eventually reeled it in and to my surprise it was a snapper, going on for a kilo. Thee best 5 minutes of my fishing career. The next hour was something that old fishermen brag about in the pub for years. I got 3 more from 1/2 to 1 kilo and the biggest got away. I probably would have got it if i wasn't such a noob. Anyway I just had to tell someone about my day. Keep the advice goin' people. Now all i need is advice on how to handle a fishin' widow :wife:

Good stuff Pete. Good to see another Northern Beaches fisho on here too...and another Pete as well!!

I can now see you are well and truly hooked. Tell your :wife: you can supply fish for the family now

and it will save money on the groceries.

Hope to see more reports from you in the future.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Guest danielinbyron

mate i've wanted to catch an edible snapper from the land for years ,

all i get is pinkies or barely legals ..

congrats . d..