Fishing Mollymook/ulladulla

baldjamie

Hi,

I have a week down on the south Coast over xmas and staying on Narrawalle beach which is just north of Mollymook/Ulladulla area.

Does anyone have any good pointers on all types of fishing in the area.

1) Any beaches fish well for Salmon, Tailor, Jews and sharks?

2) Any (safe) rock platforms worth chucking some lures off (that doesn’t involve a north side of Everest style climb)

3) Also any charters that may be worth a look, Tuna/Marlin (not great time of the year I know) or Kings style? just not bottom bashing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advise.

Cheers

JT

Hi,

I have a week down on the south Coast over xmas and staying on Narrawalle beach which is just north of Mollymook/Ulladulla area.

Does anyone have any good pointers on all types of fishing in the area.

1) Any beaches fish well for Salmon, Tailor, Jews and sharks?

2) Any (safe) rock platforms worth chucking some lures off (that doesn’t involve a north side of Everest style climb)

3) Also any charters that may be worth a look, Tuna/Marlin (not great time of the year I know) or Kings style? just not bottom bashing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advise.

Cheers

JT

Hi JT, there is some great fishing to be had down mollymook way, they area I know best is around lake Conjola so Ill stick to that.

just north at Bendalong is red head there is good rock fishing for drummer, groper etc. You should find plenty of kings and sambos around this time too. Life bait a plenty here

traveling south towards ulladulla you get to green island which is another good rock fishing sight for the species above. In between is Manyana beach where you can pick up Sambos and the odd Jewie if condtions are good.

In the lake theres top esturey fishing for whiting, bream, and Flatties (signiture sp. of the lake - some real crocs come out every year especially at the steps)

heading down towards Mollymook theres a Loooonnnggg stretch of beach with limitless gutters and holes for all the beach species listed above.

From there my knowledge runs a little short but I hear there are some great headlands around ulladulla to chase all kinds of things, ask at the tackle shop in town their helpfull with everything.

Offshore the fishing can be awesome for everything from snapper to marlin depending on condtions and your boat.

You can also chase bass in the hills

hope that helps

cheers Phil

If you have a 4WD try Stokes Island. Any of the local servos or shopkeepers will tell you how to get there.

The bloke at "The Tuckerbox" is always really helpful.

Davo

Does anyone know if the camping ground at Stokes Isalnd is still open?? last time I was there it was getting pretty ripped into by dickheads from Canberra and there was talk of closing it to the public.

davo